Dtmf to Si570?

  • Mike
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 2, 2008
      Has anyone developed any software/hardware to do Dtmf to Si570?
      what I had in mind was to remote a Softrock with Skype and be able to
      control it with a cell phone.

      Thanks

      Mike WA3O
      http://www.mikeymustang.com
    • pekka.ritamaki
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 3, 2008
        > Has anyone developed any software/hardware to do Dtmf to Si570?
        > what I had in mind was to remote a Softrock with Skype

        Mike
        I have made DTMF/cellphone interfaces about ten years for hundreds of
        application like a remote control of the ham equipments, for a pay
        eagle camera, a remote water alarm,a remote reset,a remote temperature
        controls, a remote windgenerator alarms,a remote car heaters etc.

        Basically remote control works adding control numbers to end of the
        phone number or just pushing the code buttons when the connection is
        open.

        Adding an I2C interface is only a small detail if somebody finds it
        usefull.

        Skype needs a PC and a connection from audio to the DTFM input.
        I suggsest an UDP-server instead of Skype.

        The UDP server gets commands through a local I2C hadrware using serial
        communication to SI570.

        Some documents :
        http://www.probyte.fi/info/gsmrelay.htm#Documents_
        schematic diagram: