Softrock RX/TX 2m Band only ?

  • Sly
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 2, 2008
      Greetings All,

      I know the group is very QRL with its beta testing of the all bander softrock and the likes.

      Is there any chance of having just a single 2m band RX/TX softrock of say about 1-2w output in the near future ? Guess...it is wishful thinking for now:-)

      I would be interested to have one as I have a 2m transverter to the HF bands by Tokyo Hypower. My guess is the low power at 1-2 w like that from a HT would be enough to drive such a transverter.

      Likewise, we could also use it to drive a 2m linear amplifier. I guess, it would be enough for ISS and/or satellite works on the 2m band, be it voice or digital.

      Any reply would be deeply appreciated,
      Sly, 9M8SL
      Borneo.