Re: Sound Blaster X-Fi Audio ExpressCard

  • ross4435897
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 2, 2008

      (http://www.soundblaster.com/products/product.asp?category=1&subcategory=208&product=17751)
      > > with Softrock 6.3/PowerSDR 1.9 ... and works very good.
      >
      > Looks good, this is USB2 so I presume 24 bit, 96KHz in/out is no
      problem?

      > But for those with PCI the Delta 44 is cheaper than two of these!
      >
      > 73 Alan G4ZFQ

      \
      Yep ... god bless softrock ;o)
      Isn't nice? ... http://jaknato.webzdarma.cz/sdr3.jpg
    • sailingto
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 2, 2008
        Hey Ross - I LIKE that clean trace showing on the notebook, and a
        nice setup. What is the box on the very left side? Unknown box,
        softrock, sound card, notebook. What's the unknown card?

        73 de Ken H. K9FV

        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 2, 2008
          --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "sailingto" <sailingto@...> wrote:

          > Hey Ross - I LIKE that clean trace showing on the notebook, and a
          > nice setup. What is the box on the very left side? Unknown box,
          > softrock, sound card, notebook. What's the unknown card?
          >
          > 73 de Ken H. K9FV
          >

          > --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "ross4435897" <ok9ham@> wrote:
          > >
          > > --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Alan" <g4zfq@> wrote:

          Hi Ken ... it is the ELECRAFT T1 KIT ... http://www.elecraft.com/T1/T1.htm
          The soundcard is SoundBlaster X-fi Surround 5.1 ... with standart
          WindowsXP driver.

          73 OK5AZ
          Ross
        • sailingto
          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 2, 2008
            Elecraft T1 AutoTuner - of course, that's why it looked so familair!
            A good setup for sure. I sure wish I had XP again on my notebook,
            but am having a hard time finding XP drivers for all the onboard
            parts and Toshiba does not offer any XP drivers for the notebook.
            I've found part of the drivers on OEM websites, but not all yet.

            Thanks, Ken H.

            Message 5 of 10 , Oct 2, 2008
              From: "Jose Bonanca"

              > Alan I have tested with two cards of the same kind and it doesn't work
              > 'cause of drivers.

              It is possible to use two USB sound cards of the same make.
              I have tried two SB24 USB. I think they were just using the Windows generic
              USB sound driver but Windows identified them as SB Live! 24 bit External no
              1 and 2. They running at 48KHz and probably just 16 bit.
              I also plugged in a third, different, USB card and it worked as well.

              I was just commenting that the Delta 44 is considered as quite expensive but
              it is really two cards in one.

              73 Alan G4ZFQ
            • ross4435897
              Message 6 of 10 , Oct 2, 2008
                --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Alan" <g4zfq@...> wrote:

                Good question ... I don't know. I am using the different soundcards,
                SB X-fi and the internal of my laptop (Realtek? ... I think so).
                73 OK5AZ Ross