Re: [softrock40] Best soundcard to use

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 2008
      From: "chopc2001"
      Subject: [softrock40] Best soundcard to use
      > So , for someone that's just getting into the Softrock scene I'd say
      > use what you have for a soundcard ( As long as it's stereo input) and
      > spend the extra money on a 570 controller

      Yes, I agree.

      The only thing is that there is a great difference between different sound
      systems.
      Some will be quite good, others only just adequate, with high noise and
      spurii.
      So once a beginner has got going he may see these imperfections and then
      upgrade.
      The ones most often mentioned seem to be the Creative SB24 PCI and USB for
      cheap, reasonable quality and the Delta 44 as one of the better performers.
      (Well actually a D44 is two of the better performers as it has 4 in/outs!)

      Usually those that reccommend 192KHz cards are thinking of CW Skimmer, or
      the like, to monitor a whole section.

      73 Alan G4ZFQ