Re: [AQRP] Re: Kit #3 Barometer/Altimeter

  • John H. Fisher
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 27, 2008
      Tonight I have decided to switch back to the Freescale MC9S08QG8
      processor for the Super Barometer/Altimeter. I have the TI MSP430F2013
      running beautifully, but I would like more program memory. It's makes a
      great Super Barometer with 2k of memory and an internal 16 bit A/D, but
      I want to add more Bells and whistles. So rather than fight the memory
      problem, I will switch back to the QG8 which I used on the Si570
      controller, and have 8k of memory. We will go with the same Freescale
      MP3H6115A sensor and use the Microchip MCP3421 18 bit SD A/D. I have
      essentially done this several times with the 5 volt sensor so the
      transition will be minimal. The key to using the QG8 is the 3 volt
      sensor. We think we will add an EEPROM for trend data too. So this will
      be quite similar to the SH32 version of the do everything Barometer, but
      be modular and less expensive. I continue to get reliable results
      tracking the NOAA Camp Mabry weather station with this 3 volt guy and
      I'm looking forward to creating a nice very functional piece of hardware
      in that $25 to $30 price range. So tack on a few more days to the
      development and we'll have some fun. Hope to see everyone at the Belton
      Ham Expo next week :-)

      Regards,
      John