Rocky with Softrock Lite V6.2

  • sailingto
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 25, 2008
      Hello all - I just completed the Lite V6.2 RX last night and
      connected to notebook computer (Toshiba Satellite with VISTA) and
      Rocky V3.5 does not see the on board sound card. I see V3.6 is now
      out, not sure that would help.

      Not sure if related, but when I try to exit Rocky, it gives a sharing
      violation and refuses to shutdown. I must go to Task Manager to
      close program. Any ideas? Is this a VISTA problem?

      I also have PowerSDR loaded, and it sees the sound card just fine. I
      am using the Line-in port set to 48,000 hz - I started with sound
      card set at 96,000 hz, but the sound was very choppy. I changed
      settings to 48,000 hz and it is better. There is still a pop every
      several seconds, but other than that PowerSDR seems to work pretty
      good. I can not do a lot yet, that is one more complex program!!!
      Rocky seems easier to use.

      #1: would an external sound card be seen by Rocky?

      #2: would this external sound card actually be better for RX?

      The Lite RX seems to be pretty good - I compared recceive to my 756
      Pro and it seems pretty close. 40 meters was pretty dead with a high
      noise level here.

      I just wonder why PowerSDR program works and Rocky doesn't see the
      sound card and and START is greyed out.

      Thanks to all for any help and comments.

      73 de Ken H. K9FV