Fw: Re: [softrock40] Re: Bandpass filter smilter

  • joe price
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 1, 2006
      Disregard message below I cheched a 30mtr rx it responds to even and
      odd harmonics need more testing.

      > I would expect that the SR40 would respond to even harmonics but mine
      > responds ONLY to odd multiples of the rx frequency I don't understand
      > why. Can someone else check this? The v5 rx uses a different QSD
      scheme
      > i'm not sure it's the same I will test and report result.
      >
      > Joe wa9cgz

    • joe price
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 1, 2006
        Disregard message below I cheched a 30mtr rx it responds to even and
        odd harmonics need more testing.

        > I would expect that the SR40 would respond to even harmonics but mine
        > responds ONLY to odd multiples of the rx frequency I don't understand
        > why. Can someone else check this? The v5 rx uses a different QSD
        scheme
        > i'm not sure it's the same I will test and report result.
        >
        > Joe wa9cgz

      • KD5NWA
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 1, 2006
          Not just odd and even multiples, it can respond to fractions 5/8....to keep unwanted signals, increased dynamic range, and keep the noise down you need a front end filter as tight as possible. Saying that however, for playing around mobility might be more important issue.

          The best of both is if you can find a multi-band front end filter unit (specially the double tuned) from 20 to 50 years ago, you can tune from 100KHz to 30MHz in one small box so you have mobility and better discrimination.

          I have one in a box in the garage, I've been searching for it, but I have not found it.

          At 03:49 PM 2/1/2006, joe price wrote:
          Disregard message below I cheched a 30mtr rx it responds to even  and
          odd harmonics need more testing.

          > I would expect that the SR40 would respond to even harmonics but mine
          > responds ONLY to odd multiples of the rx frequency I don't understand
          > why. Can someone else check this? The v5 rx uses a different QSD
          scheme
          > i'm not sure it's the same I will test and report result.
          >
          > Joe wa9cgz

          Yahoo! Groups Links

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          Cecil Bayona
          KD5NWA
          www.qrpradio.com

          I fail to see why doing the same thing over and over and getting the same results every time is insanity: I've almost proved it isn't; only a few more tests now and I'm sure results will differ this time ...

        • Bob Bartel
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 2, 2006

            I have one in a box in the garage, I've been searching for it, but I have not found it.

            Joe wa9cgz
            That must be one big garage Joe.

            Bob W2AWS

            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 2, 2006
              About 70 boxes full of parts, boards,etc. I have to go through all the boxes one at a time, then put them back, it's cold in the garage right now.

              I have one in a box in the garage, I've been searching for it, but I have not found it.

              Joe wa9cgz

              That must be one big garage Joe.

              Bob W2AWS

              Yahoo! Groups Links

                  http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

              Cecil Bayona
              KD5NWA
              www.qrpradio.com

              I fail to see why doing the same thing over and over and getting the same results every time is insanity: I've almost proved it isn't; only a few more tests now and I'm sure results will differ this time ...

              YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

               Visit your group "softrock40 " on the web.