Fw: [softrock40] Re: Bandpass filter smilter

  • windy10605@juno.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 30, 2006
      Interesting. I've not tried any LF reception and would believe there to be problems due to the broadcast stations. As I mentioned earlier, since the BPF is really wide, the focus might be better placed on what you don't want to hear vs what you do want to hear. The only things I can see to filter out or trap are the BC stations and FM stations to keep then from interfering with or at least desensing the SDR reception. You can make one heck of a fine fixed 100dB HF BP filter to use on all HF bands .....but that does not take into account LF reception if that's what you want. I tried the SR-40 V4.0, using only the T1 toroid for isolation and matching and the results are quite impressive. It works "as is" but further improves if you add a variable capacitance to match the antenna (antenna tuner) and the fixed T1 does have it's limitations at higher frequencies.

      73 Kees K5BCQ