PC HD Audio

  • Jim Miller
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 31, 2006
      FWIW, I took some time and went to the Intel website and looked around their
      HD audio specification. This specifies how their chipsets expect to connect
      to various audio codec devices.

      It appears that if properly implemented this could provide pretty good audio
      quality for capture. I was surprised.

      There are a number of codec vendors supplying codecs which conform. Of
      course the devil is in the details of how carefully the motherboard is laid
      out. Analog Devices has the AD1986A if you want to look at a datasheet for
      specs.

      It claims 20bit resolution on all ADC and DACs, 96Khz and supports linein.

      I don't know which if any PCs use this device.

      73

      jim ab3cv