Fresh Software - 20050917 level

  • Bill Tracey
    Message 1 of 41 , Sep 19, 2005
      I've posted a few updates to the SoftRock updates for PowerSDR. Nothing
      major, just some bug fixes. Specifically:

      - Fixed problem using an SDR 1000 in fixed freq mode
      - Fixed a potential glitch/hang in level calibration with a SoftRock 40
      - Fixed smooth panadapter scrolling when in fixed freq mode

      To get the new code: http://ewjt.com/kd5tfd/sdr1k-notebook/sr40/sw.html

      Regards,

      Bill (kd5tfd)
    • Bob Hillard
      Message 41 of 41 , Oct 29, 2005
        Rein,

        When I operate on the low bands (40M thru 160M) I have to turn off my
        PC's. In fact I sometimes have had to unplug them completely, as the
        power supply isn't completely off when the On/Off switch is in the Off
        position.

        I found the problem to be caused by the computer's switching power
        supply. In fact I lost a power supply in one of my computers recenly,
        and replaced it with a better grade supply, and then was happy to find
        that the noise from that computer was gone.

        Try unplugging your computer completely and see if that quiets things
        down.

        Bob WA6UFQ