RE: [softrock40] softrock lite + Xtall tuning

  • Knight Ao
    Message 1 of 27 , Sep 3, 2008
      Hi Chris,

      I am using an SRLite 8.3 with Christos' PowerSDR.
      I did not install the PIC, but just two BS170s
      and two 10K resistors directly onto the PCB in
      accordance with Guido's circuit (you can find
      it in the file section titled "Si570"). I also
      made a separate PCB equipped with BPFs and relays,
      so it now covers all bands. It's marvelous.
      You don't need to change DIP switch positions.

      First, I would suggest the LPT port setting be
      checked using Christos' LPT.exe which is in SV1EIA's
      file folder. Run the LPT.exe and PowerSDR to make
      sure that your LPT port is functioning OK.
      Also, under the same folder, you can find Si570.exe
      with which you can control the freq without running
      PowerSDR. (Rocky/M0KGK can work with it.)

      My OS: WinXP SP2 LPT=378

      Since the SDA and SCL are inverted, I had a trouble
      at the beginning. I inadvertently connected to
      SDA/SCL positons instead of the inverted pins:
      Pin 14 /SDA
      Pin 17 /SCL
      Now, it works fine.

      I hope this would be of your reference.