Re: Kees and John controller

  • John H. Fisher
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 2, 2008
      Instead of using an offset, another possibility would be to have the
      frequency jump between two adjacent memory locations based on the
      input pin. Then you could do a real split :-) Or the memory locations
      could be 10 apart or 20 apart. Then you could have your transmit
      frequencies all lined up together, and your receive frequencies all
      lined up together, but separated by a gap. This would allow for
      complete arbitrary splits and easy selection.

      Regards,
      John

      --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "anjo.gragt" <anjo.gragt@...> wrote:

      > Kees
      > I ordered an freescale MC9S08QG - DIP demo and program board to be able
      > to modify the code in the controller. Not to make it better but to add
      > a litle function. I want to use the controller for some old xtal only
      > 2 meter rxtx sets but they use different xtals for tx and rx. So to
      > add an input to the board to switch the freq for tx it must be
      > possible in my opinion. Or am i thinking to simple.? I also downloaded
      > the free freescale IDE and the souce project for the controller which
      > worked ok in the IDE.
      > Do I need more to make things happening.?
      > 73 de PA0FAN Anjo

    • anjo.gragt
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 3, 2008
        John
        Thanks for the tips and promise of assistance. The more you think
        about it the more posibilleties(?) come up. But first I have to study
        the source more in depth and trying to master the IDE to cycle through the
        write..compile..link..load..test procedures. I think i call on your help
        when i arive there.
        Best 73 de PA0FAN
        Anjo
      • John H. Fisher
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 3, 2008
          Very Nice Anjo. Here's another tip. I used the device initialization
          tool to generate MCUinit.c. There is a place in the MCUinit.c file for
          your interrupt routines. Before I learned how to use it, I wrote the
          wrote the timer interrupt routine in encoder.c. So whenever you generate
          MCUinit.c code with the Device Initialization tool, you have to comment
          out the routine it generates:

          /*
          ** ===================================================================
          ** Interrupt handler : isrVmtim
          **
          ** Description :
          ** User interrupt service routine.
          ** Parameters : None
          ** Returns : Nothing
          ** ===================================================================
          */
          //__interrupt void isrVmtim(void)
          //{
          /* Write your interrupt code here ... */

          //}
          /* end of isrVmtim */

          Definitely use the Device Initialization feature, it works very well. In
          fact the correct way to do this is to put the timer isr which is in
          encoder.c into the space shown above. If you use it as is, you need to
          comment out the timer isr "//__interrupt void isrVmtim(void)" only in
          the MCUinit.c file. Sorry about the confusion. The Device Initialization
          software will wipe out you ISR if it's not exactly where they tell you
          to put it :-)

          I talk to a friend in England almost every day with a web cam using
          "Windows Live Messenger" if you ever want to try to hookup with web
          cams, I would be delighted :-) I also can call with VOIP Discount maybe
          for free to your country. It's free to England because I keep a balance
          so my wife can call Cambodia ( where she is from ) :-) Thanks again,

          Regards,
          John