Re: [softrock40] Kees and John controller

  • John H. Fisher
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 2, 2008
      This is a great idea, Anjo, and should work easily. You have to pick an
      input such as PTA5 or reassign one of the band pass selector pins ( PTA3
      or PTB0 or PTB1 ) to be an input. I assume you can just add in an offset
      for the TX or RX frequency. So I would read the input pin in the main
      loop. Depending on the state or change of state of your input pin you
      can change the offset value to shift the frequency. That is one
      possibility. I'm sure you can think of others. But, yes, I think it is
      very doable to shift the frequency based on an input value. Of course
      you only want to change the offset or frequency when the input pin
      changes. So you will have to keep track of the old input value and
      compare for a change. There already is a variable "offset" which you can
      use. The last thing to remember is to set the "Flag.freq_change" after
      you change the offset when the input pin changes Thanks for a very good
      idea, and I will be happy to help you to get it to work :-)

      Regards,
      John

      anjo.gragt wrote:

      > Kees
      > I ordered an freescale MC9S08QG - DIP demo and program board to be able
      > to modify the code in the controller. Not to make it better but to add
      > a litle function. I want to use the controller for some old xtal only
      > 2 meter rxtx sets but they use different xtals for tx and rx. So to
      > add an input to the board to switch the freq for tx it must be
      > possible in my opinion. Or am i thinking to simple.? I also downloaded
      > the free freescale IDE and the souce project for the controller which
      > worked ok in the IDE.
      > Do I need more to make things happening.?
      > 73 de PA0FAN Anjo

    • John H. Fisher
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 2, 2008
        Instead of using an offset, another possibility would be to have the
        frequency jump between two adjacent memory locations based on the
        input pin. Then you could do a real split :-) Or the memory locations
        could be 10 apart or 20 apart. Then you could have your transmit
        frequencies all lined up together, and your receive frequencies all
        lined up together, but separated by a gap. This would allow for
        complete arbitrary splits and easy selection.

        Regards,
        John

        --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "anjo.gragt" <anjo.gragt@...> wrote:

        > Kees
        > I ordered an freescale MC9S08QG - DIP demo and program board to be able
        > to modify the code in the controller. Not to make it better but to add
        > a litle function. I want to use the controller for some old xtal only
        > 2 meter rxtx sets but they use different xtals for tx and rx. So to
        > add an input to the board to switch the freq for tx it must be
        > possible in my opinion. Or am i thinking to simple.? I also downloaded
        > the free freescale IDE and the souce project for the controller which
        > worked ok in the IDE.
        > Do I need more to make things happening.?
        > 73 de PA0FAN Anjo

      • anjo.gragt
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 3, 2008
          John
          Thanks for the tips and promise of assistance. The more you think
          about it the more posibilleties(?) come up. But first I have to study
          the source more in depth and trying to master the IDE to cycle through the
          write..compile..link..load..test procedures. I think i call on your help
          when i arive there.
          Best 73 de PA0FAN
          Anjo
        • John H. Fisher
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 3, 2008
            Very Nice Anjo. Here's another tip. I used the device initialization
            tool to generate MCUinit.c. There is a place in the MCUinit.c file for
            your interrupt routines. Before I learned how to use it, I wrote the
            wrote the timer interrupt routine in encoder.c. So whenever you generate
            MCUinit.c code with the Device Initialization tool, you have to comment
            out the routine it generates:

            /*
            ** ===================================================================
            ** Interrupt handler : isrVmtim
            **
            ** Description :
            ** User interrupt service routine.
            ** Parameters : None
            ** Returns : Nothing
            ** ===================================================================
            */
            //__interrupt void isrVmtim(void)
            //{
            /* Write your interrupt code here ... */

            //}
            /* end of isrVmtim */

            Definitely use the Device Initialization feature, it works very well. In
            fact the correct way to do this is to put the timer isr which is in
            encoder.c into the space shown above. If you use it as is, you need to
            comment out the timer isr "//__interrupt void isrVmtim(void)" only in
            the MCUinit.c file. Sorry about the confusion. The Device Initialization
            software will wipe out you ISR if it's not exactly where they tell you
            to put it :-)

            I talk to a friend in England almost every day with a web cam using
            "Windows Live Messenger" if you ever want to try to hookup with web
            cams, I would be delighted :-) I also can call with VOIP Discount maybe
            for free to your country. It's free to England because I keep a balance
            so my wife can call Cambodia ( where she is from ) :-) Thanks again,

            Regards,
            John