Re: Grouply

  • JosĂ© V. Gavilá
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 2, 2008
      Hello Bill,

      --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, Bill Wright <chief6226@...> wrote:

      > Folks FYI
      >
      > I have been sent many warnings about Grouply. See below the latest
      warning from another list that I belong:

      > "There has been a rash of messages back and forth on various Yahoo
      > Groups of a new "service" called Grouply. Grouply allows you to
      > supposedly manage your subscriptions to various mail lists from Yahoo
      > and others but it also requires that your Yahoo name and password be
      > stored and provided to Grouply, thus they have full access to all your
      > Yahoo services. Other people who have subscribed to Grouply have
      > reported a large increase in spam, virus and malware being transmitted
      > due to it.
      >
      > While the owners of Grouply assure that there will be no problems and
      > they promise to behave there is no protection against a Grouply
      > employee or hacker accessing the information. It also allows Grouply
      > to send invites and other spam to members of your lists, whether you
      > want it or not.
      >
      > For these reasons Grouply is not allowed on this list. Do Not join
      > Grouply
      > under any ID's that are subscribed to this group. While this list is a
      > well protected list we can not protect it against the actions of
      > Grouply, therefore any Member ID that subscribes to Grouply will
      > be dropped from the List".
      >
      > So use Grouply at your own risk.
      > 73Bill
      > KD5YYK

      I am the Owner and/or Moderator of several YahooGroups and have
      removed all of them from Grouply. That way, no one can access to the
      messages from there nor send anything (spamming!) to those Groups.

      You need to access to:

      http://www.grouply.com/owner_controls.php

      Click on the link at the bottom and follow instructions. You don't
      need to join Grouply for that.

      Hope this helps!

      Best regards,

      73 JOSE - EB5AGV