Re: SDR-Kits USB controller sort of doesn't work--at least not with Rocky

  • alexle188
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 1, 2008
      Hi Tom,

      Good point :)

      Alex

      --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "tom_iphi" <iphi@...> wrote:

      > Beware: Rocky uses decimals for the i2c address, my programs use
      > hexadecimals.
      >
      > 85 decimal = 55 hex
      >
      > 73's Tom DG8SAQ
      >
      > --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "alexle188" <lee188@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Pleae check - the i2c address should be 55. multiplier 4.
      > > >

      > > Alex

    • Bob Rushby
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 1, 2008

        Alex and Tom,

        Thanks for your suggestions. I'm still having problems, but I noticed something new.

        I think you're agreeing that 85 (decimal) should be used in Rocky. I had been using that address. Just in case I misunderstood, I tried 55 in Rocky and it didn't work either, so I switched back to 85.  The divider is set to 4.

        I noticed something else that may be useful. Here are the details:

        1. I first set the frequency using Tom's program. Then I shut down Tom's program.

        2. I try to change frequency using Rocky. Rocky changes frequency. This is good.

        3. I try to change frequency again using Rocky. Rocky does *not* change frequency this time.

        4. I try again. Rocky still won't change frequency.

        I have the multiband button set ON in Rocky's menu.

        This is repeatable in my setup. I hope this helps diagnose what is going on.

        Your help is very much appreciated,

        73,

        Bob VE3GLA

        > Beware: Rocky uses decimals for the i2c address, my programs use
        > hexadecimals.
        >
        > 85 decimal = 55 hex
        >
        > 73's Tom DG8SAQ
        >
        > --- In softrock40@yahoogro ups.com, "alexle188" <lee188@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Pleae check - the i2c address should be 55. multiplier 4.
        > > >

        > > Alex

      • alexle188
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 1, 2008
          Bob,

          Try clicking "Start Radio" to STOP the radio BEFORE changing bands (ie
          center freq in the multi-band mode). After changing bands, click
          "Start Radio" again to start.

          The error may be triggered by changing the center freq while the radio
          is still active.

          Alex

        • Bob Rushby
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 1, 2008

            Hi Alex,

            I tried (1) clicking the stop button, (2) changing frequency, (3) clicking the stop button to start receiving again. It still does not change frequency. I tried this 4 or 5 times.

            One other thing I noticed: when I try to change frequency while Rocky is *not* stopped, I hear a single, brief, "chuff" sound. Its as if Rocky is trying to change the si570 frequency, but for some reason the 570 actually does not change. This sound does not occur if I try to change frequency when Rocky is stopped.

            73,

            Bob VE3GLA