Delta 44 drivers / BC image on 80meters Ver 6.3RxTx

  • patbilldavis
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 31, 2008
      I am running XP home edition and SP3. I couldn't get any version
      later than 5.10.00.0051 to run with Rocky here and I still get a
      driver related "blue screen" crash on bootup almost every day. Once
      booted and running, Rocky has been fine with my system running this
      driver version with my Delta 44

      ------------

      RE: 11.553MHz broadcast station. Thanks for the info guys. I'm only
      running the RX 80/40m filter in the Ver 6.3, no other filters. I had
      not knowingly observed this problem before, so I had no other filters
      in the system. The 746Pro verified the BC stations freq +/- a couple KHz
      B U M M E R ....... It is LOUD and wipes out many KHz

      Thanks Bill K0AWU
    • Bill Dumke
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 31, 2008
        If you are getting blue screen crashes, and if it is an old motherboard,
        I recommend first visually checking the electrolytic capacitors on the
        motherboard. These days, they are made so that when they fail they
        bulge out at the top. (That's what the serrations are for on the tops.)
        If the tops are not perfectly flat, then you have the electrolytic
        capacitors going bad. It will just keep getting worse (more frequent)
        as time goes on. Also recommend you back up all of your data, etc.
        before it gets so bad it crashes when you start seeing the desktop at
        boot up.

        Bill WA9PWR