Soft Rock Lite @ 70.455MHz IF?

  • g0opb
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 28, 2008
      Has any one managed to converted a S/Rock Lite to operate at 70.455MHz
      Yet? It's the FT1000MP 1st IF.

      Yes..then how, Or will another kit go at this speed?

      Thanks
      Tony G0opb
    • brainerd@wildblue.net
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 28, 2008
        On 28 Aug 2008 at 21:19, g0opb wrote:

        > Has any one managed to converted a S/Rock Lite to operate at 70.455MHz
        > Yet? It's the FT1000MP 1st IF.
        >
        > Yes..then how, Or will another kit go at this speed?
        >
        > Thanks
        > Tony G0opb

        My 995x board(available from my web page) has been used at 70 MHz. I use higher
        speed(but harder to solder) switches than the Softrock.

        Dave - WB6DHW
        <http://wb6dhw.com>
      • Benny Aumala
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 28, 2008
          Your problem is close to direct watch-dog for 6 meters.
          Frequency is high and needs a converter. A clever system
          is available as a kit in Germany by FUNKAMATEUR Shop:

          http://www.box73.de/catalog

          Look in left column for
          -BAUSATZE
          -SDR-KITS
          sdr-kit zur 6-m Bandbeobachtung (last kit) and
          Gehause-bausatz (first kit on the same page) for box and connectors

          That includes a converter and SDR-receiver using one single Xtal.
          Kit Xtal is of course for 6 meters, but you get yours elsewhere
          according to IF. And this converter has FET amplifier as a first
          stage for isolation.
          6m is not so far away from your IF, tuning this unit upward may not be
          so difficult.

          Benny OH9NB