Re: [softrock40] Cost for DX Kits

  • Tony Parks
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 17, 2008
      Hi Peter,

      The DX prices for kits listed below include the DX postage.

      The kits now available are listed below:

      SoftRock Lite receiver kit information is given below.  Also now there is
      the one watt RXTXv6.3 SDR transceiver kit.  Band coverage with the
      transceiver depends on the sampling rate of the soundcard.  With
      48 kHz sampling the band coverage is slightly over +/- 21 kHz each side of
      each center frequency.  If the soundcard can sample at 96 kHz the band
      coverage is about twice as great each side of each center frequency.

      The RXTXv6.3  board includes a Lite+Xtall receiver function along
      with the RXTX transmit function.  A four-position DIP switch at the
      edge of the circuit board provides for setting sixteen possible
      center frequencies for receive and transmit functions.  The
      Lite+Xtall BPFs are used with the receiver function for band changing
      and a PA/Filter module plugs on top of the RXTX board for changing
      the transmit band.  As with receive, four PA/Filter modules will be
      required to cover all HF ham bands.  Also included on the RXTX board
      is the Rocky 3.x serial interface function for control of the PTT
      input to the board and to provide paddles input to the Rocky SDR
      program.

      The RXTX+Xtall v6.3 kit price is $50 for the RXTX
      board kit along with the receiver BPF kits for all HF ham bands.  The
      $50 price would include the CMOS Si670 device used on the board.
      (Without the Si570 included in the kit, the kit price would be $35.
      The RXTXv6.3  board also provides for use of the LVDS Si570 part.)
      Each PA/Filter kit would be an additional $15 per kit.  Thus for two
      or three band coverage the  RXTX+Xtall v6.3 kit group would cost
      $65.  Additional PA/Filter modules would expand the band coverage
      such that all HF bands could be covered at a total kit price of $110
      The DX price for the RXTX+Xtall v6.3 kit is $52 and each PA/Filter kit pirce
      is
      $16.  In each case the kit price includes mailing cost.  PA/Filter kits
      are for band groups:  160m, 80m/40m, 30m/20m/17m, and 15m/12m/10m.

      The v6 SoftRock Lite is a single-board receiver kit that provides
      single-band
      coverage with each kit. The board size is 1.5 inches square and a height of
      about 0.6 inches.   Connections on the board provide for QSD mute so the
      SoftRock can be used with a separate transmitter.

      A view of the of the earlier v6.0 SoftRock may be seen at

      which gives a good idea of the general look of the SoftRock Lite board
      except the Lite is a square board.

      The software may be download at no cost with a number of programs available
      that will play the SoftRock receiver.  Please see:

      Documentation to build the kit may be downloaded from files area of
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/softrock40/  You will have to register at
      the website to download the documents for the kit.

      Here are the SoftRock Lite kit options that are being offered at this time.

      40m kit option
      40m kit at $10 US/Canada and $11 for DX will tune the following ranges:

      40m when used with a soundcard that samples at 48 kHz - 7.032 to 7.08 MHz

      80m kit option
      80m kit at $10 US/Canada and $11 for DX will tune the following range:

      80m when used with a  soundcard that samples at 48 kHz - 3.504 to 3.552 MHz

      160m kit option
      160m kit at $10 US/Canada and $11 for DX will tune the following range:

      160m when used with a  soundcard that samples at 48 kHz - 1.819 to 1.867 MHz

      Upgraded 30m kit option
      30m kit at $12 US/Canada and $13 for DX will tune the following range:

      30m when used with a  soundcard that samples at 48 kHz - 10.100 to 10.148
      MHz

      Upgraded 20m kit option
      20m kit at $12 US/Canada and $13 for DX will tune the following range:

      20m when used with a  soundcard that samples at 96 kHz - slightly below
      14.00 to 14.094 MHz

      Upgraded 15m kit option
      15m kit at $12 US/Canada and $13 for DX will tune the following range:

      15m when used with a  soundcard that samples at 96 kHz - slightly below
      21.00 to 21.092 MHz

      The Lite+Xtall v8.3 SDR receive kit is now available at a price of $42 for
      US/Canada and $43  for DX orders of the kit.  This kit prices includes the
      postage.

      The kit includes four BPF modules for the band groups 160m, 80m/40m,
      30m/20m/17m, and 15m/12m/10m. The CMOS Si570 device is supplied with
      the kit and provides the LO for each of the selected bands.   A 4-position
      DIP switch on the circuit board selects one of 16 center frequencies for the
      various bands as follows:

            0
           1.846

            1
           1.892

            2
           3.546

            3
           3.846

            4
           7.046

            5
           7.221

            6
           10.146

            7
           14.046

            8
           14.271

            9
           18.114

            10
           21.046

            11
           21.321

            12
           24.936

            13
           28.046

            14
           28.092

            15
           28.346

      Receiver tuning range from a given center frequency depends on the sampling
      rate of the soundcard.  A better quality soundcard that can stereo sample at
      96 kHz provides for nearly +/- 48 kHz tuning range from each center
      frequency.

      Now available is the USB I2C interface kit at $10 for US/Canada and $11 for
      DX.  The USB I2C interface kit provides a means of setting the Si570 device
      on a V8.3 Lite+Xatll receiver or a v6.3 RXTX+Xtall transceiver or an XTALL
      sounce to any desired frequency from a USB port.

      Orders will be accepted by PayPal to kb9yig@...
      or by mailing a check or money order to me at:

      Tony Parks
      1344 E 750 N
      Springport, IN 47386

      Thanks and 73,
      Tony KB9YIG
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 17, 2008
        Very nice summary of the kits available, Tony. Thank you.

        BET
        ----------

        Tony Parks wrote:

> [...]
        > 28.046
        >
        > 14
        > 28.092
        >
        > 15
        > 28.346
        >

        > Receiver tuning range from a given center frequency depends on the sampling
        > rate of the soundcard. A better quality soundcard that can stereo sample at
        > 96 kHz provides for nearly +/- 48 kHz tuning range from each center
        > frequency.
        >
        > Now available is the USB I2C interface kit at $10 for US/Canada and $11 for
        > DX. The USB I2C interface kit provides a means of setting the Si570 device
        > on a V8.3 Lite+Xatll receiver or a v6.3 RXTX+Xtall transceiver or an XTALL
        > sounce to any desired frequency from a USB port.
        >

        > Orders will be accepted by PayPal to kb9yig@...
        > <mailto:kb9yig@...>
        > or by mailing a check or money order to me at:

      • sailingto
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 27, 2008
          Hello all - I do have a question about the options Tony lists below -
          the 40m kit option, etc just what do they do? The options listes the
          freq they cover - do they simply expand the freq coverage for each
          band using a 48Khz sound card? If so, then is this still needed when
          using the USB kit?

          Thank any and all for clarification.

          73 de Ken H.
          K9FV

          --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Tony Parks" <kb9yig@...> wrote:

          snip

          > Here are the SoftRock Lite kit options that are being offered at
          this time.

          > 40m kit option
          > 40m kit at $10 US/Canada and $11 for DX will tune the following
          ranges:

          > 40m when used with a soundcard that samples at 48 kHz - 7.032 to
          7.08 MHz

          > 80m kit option
          > 80m kit at $10 US/Canada and $11 for DX will tune the following
          range:

          > 80m when used with a soundcard that samples at 48 kHz - 3.504 to
          3.552 MHz

          > 160m kit option
          > 160m kit at $10 US/Canada and $11 for DX will tune the following
          range:

          > 160m when used with a soundcard that samples at 48 kHz - 1.819 to
          1.867 MHz

          > Upgraded 30m kit option
          > 30m kit at $12 US/Canada and $13 for DX will tune the following
          range:

          > 30m when used with a soundcard that samples at 48 kHz - 10.100 to
          10.148
          > MHz
          >
          > Upgraded 20m kit option
          > 20m kit at $12 US/Canada and $13 for DX will tune the following
          range:

          > 20m when used with a soundcard that samples at 96 kHz - slightly
          below
          > 14.00 to 14.094 MHz
          >
          > Upgraded 15m kit option
          > 15m kit at $12 US/Canada and $13 for DX will tune the following
          range:

          > 15m when used with a soundcard that samples at 96 kHz - slightly
          below
          > 21.00 to 21.092 MHz

          snip