Builders notes for rx/tx 6.3

  • Jay
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 4, 2008
      I wanted to know if there is a set of builders notes for rx/tx 6.3 like
      that of the 6.2 board.
      I have seen the 6.3 file in the file section but nothing like what was
      available for the 6.2
      Thank you
    • jtagit
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 4, 2008
        I was also wondering the same thing about build/setup notes.
        I really think the softrock could do with a forum devided into
        sections /subjects to make looking for info/files much easier.
        Mabey there is already one that i don't know about.

        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 4, 2008
          >I was also wondering the same thing about build/setup notes.
          > I really think the softrock could do with a forum devided into
          > sections /subjects to make looking for info/files much easier.
          > Mabey there is already one that i don't know about.

          No
          I suppose you mean
          http://groups.yahoo.com/group/softrock40/files/RXTX+Xtall%20v6.3%20files/

          there is also

          http://golddredgervideo.com/wb5rvz/RXTX_V6_3/index.htm

          still beta, but pretty good. Needs a bit more done so be careful.

          73 Alan G4ZFQ
        • Tony Parks
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 4, 2008
            Hi Jay,

            Robby,  WB5RVZ,  is very close to having some very complete builder's notes for the v6.3 RXTX+Lite kit.  The notes should be available within a couple days I would think.

            73,
            Tony KB9YIG

            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 4, 2008
              Thanks Alan http://golddredgervideo.com/wb5rvz/RXTX_V6_3/index.htm
              should be on the wiki page and the wiki link put on the softrock group
              main page.

              --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Alan" <g4zfq@...> wrote:

> [...]
            • R. R. Robson
              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 4, 2008
                --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Tony Parks" <kb9yig@...> wrote:

                > Hi Jay,
                >
                > Robby, WB5RVZ, is very close to having some very complete
                builder's notes for the v6.3 RXTX+Lite kit. The notes should be
                available within a couple days I would think.

                <snip>

                I am developing a set of expanded builders notes for the V6.3. They
                are still in a "work-in-progress" state, awaiting a PA/Filter board
                from Tony. I do not like to release notes without a caveat when I
                have not personally and successfully followed my own
                notes/instructions all the way to the end.

                Any and all are welcome to review them, but be advised that I have
                not finished the last stage (the PA/Filter board).

                I am pretty well satisfied with the earlier stages, so it could be
                used to get started on the project. I am expecting to receive the
                PA/Filter board kit tomorrow and will start the build from that
                point, so the documentation for that stage will be in a state of flux.

                See the home page at http://golddredgervideo.com/wb5rvz/ and click on
                the "Work In Progress" icon.

                TX ES 73
                DE Robby WB5RVZ