Spectrum Analyser

  • Steve
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 2 8:22 PM
      Hi Group
      I'd like to build a Softrock RX to use among other things, as a
      spectrum analyser covering all the HF bands and general coverage as
      well if possible. So what do I need to order to achieve this?
      -Steve
      VK7XOR
    • Greg
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 3 3:41 AM
        That is partially my intent too...

        I have the Xtal-Lite v 8.3 kit. It comes with ham bands only, but I
        would think it will be easy enough to make it capable of other SW BC
        bands...I just havn't got to reading though the wealth of info and
        various mods/patches etc available. What is the minimum spectrum
        width you were thinking of looking at at a given time? That spec
        would be something to check for capability.

        Keep me updated on what you find and which software serves best for
        this purpose. You should buy a kit and give it a try...they are
        great fun to build and excellent documentation support.

        73 es gl de G.

        --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Steve" <vk7xor@...> wrote:

        > Hi Group
        > I'd like to build a Softrock RX to use among other things, as a
        > spectrum analyser covering all the HF bands and general coverage
        as
        > well if possible. So what do I need to order to achieve this?
        > -Steve
        > VK7XOR

      • marc olanié
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 3 5:12 AM
          > I'd like to build a Softrock RX to use among other things, as a
          > spectrum analyser covering all the HF bands and general coverage
          as
          > well if possible. So what do I need to order to achieve this?

          Hi Steve
          You could also consider building a general coverage SDR, like the one made
          by WB6DHW(995x or 9912 DDS)
          http://wb6dhw.com/For_Sale.html
          OR
          You can use a simple Softrock Lite monoband receiver installed in the IF of
          a traditional superhet RX (this way, your don't have to deal with filter
          switching)
          The last solution (the "panadapter" way) has been adopted by many hams since
          the beginning of the Softrock story :-)... and it works well.

          Marc f6itu
          A good working kernel doesn't allow a program crash unless it says “please”
          Traduction : Da Power Fantudjû, RuleZ Tartiflette
        • drmail377
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 3 10:19 AM
            Greg, SRLiteV8.3+Xtall is essentially "general coverage". Look at the
            plots in Files > Lite+Xtall v8.3 > BPF_Simulation. Keep in-mind
            however broad-band performance of a direct-conversion quadrature
            receiver of this type is dependent on antenna impedance. 73's David