DDS VFO version 2.1.0 uploaded

  • bob_wa6ufq
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 22, 2006
      I've just uploaded my latest version of DDS VFO. This version has a
      user selected option for using a non-standard reference oscillator
      (other than 100 mHz for the 9850, or 30 mHz for the 9851).

      Download from: http://home.austin.rr.com/wa6ufq//ddscontroller.html

      Bob WA6UFQ
    • n3hkn
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 22, 2006
        Loaded this program but get Runtime Error 76 when starting the program??

        Loaded in e:/Ham/DDS Control Program

        Windows XP/SP2

        Dick N3HKN

        --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "bob_wa6ufq" <rhillard@a...> wrote:

        > I've just uploaded my latest version of DDS VFO. This version has a
        > user selected option for using a non-standard reference oscillator
        > (other than 100 mHz for the 9850, or 30 mHz for the 9851).
        >
        > Download from: http://home.austin.rr.com/wa6ufq//ddscontroller.html
        >
        > Bob WA6UFQ

      • bob_wa6ufq
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 23, 2006
          Dick,

          DDS VFO has to be installed into your C:/Program Files/DDS_Controller
          folder to operate correctly.

          Bob WA6UFQ

          --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "n3hkn" <n3hkn@a...> wrote:

          > Loaded this program but get Runtime Error 76 when starting the program??
          >
          > Loaded in e:/Ham/DDS Control Program
          >
          > Windows XP/SP2
          >
          > Dick N3HKN
          >

          > --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "bob_wa6ufq" <rhillard@a...> wrote:
          > >
          > > I've just uploaded my latest version of DDS VFO. This version has a
          > > user selected option for using a non-standard reference oscillator
          > > (other than 100 mHz for the 9850, or 30 mHz for the 9851).
          > >
          > > Download from: http://home.austin.rr.com/wa6ufq//ddscontroller.html
          > >
          > > Bob WA6UFQ

        • bob_wa6ufq
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 23, 2006
            Dick,

            You might try creating a DDS_Controller folder in your C:/Program
            Files folder, and moving the .DAT files from your E: drive to that
            folder. DDS VFO will probably work in that configuration. I haven't
            tried it.

            Let me know if that works.

            Bob WA6UFQ

            --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "n3hkn" <n3hkn@a...> wrote:

            > Loaded this program but get Runtime Error 76 when starting the program??
            >
            > Loaded in e:/Ham/DDS Control Program
            >
            > Windows XP/SP2
            >
            > Dick N3HKN
            >

            > --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "bob_wa6ufq" <rhillard@a...> wrote:
            > >
            > > I've just uploaded my latest version of DDS VFO. This version has a
            > > user selected option for using a non-standard reference oscillator
            > > (other than 100 mHz for the 9850, or 30 mHz for the 9851).
            > >
            > > Download from: http://home.austin.rr.com/wa6ufq//ddscontroller.html
            > >
            > > Bob WA6UFQ

          • jabauzit
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 23, 2006
              Hello Bob,

              While waiting for the DDS chip to arrive, I dowloaded your program. I
              cannot see any setting for the PLL multiplier (DDS-60), only the 30
              MHz clock. Is the PLL enabled? Also you should provide a setting to
              enable/disable the PLL.

              Jean-Claude, PJ2BVU
            • bob_wa6ufq
              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 24, 2006
                Jean-Claude,

                I will include a PLL on/off option in the next version. In the
                meantime, if you want to turn off the PLL, use the AD9850/custom ref.
                osc. mode as Kees has suggested; this sets the PLL bit low, and allows
                for a custom ref. osc. frequency.

                Thanks for your suggestion,

                Bob WA6UFQ