Re: Controlling SDR-Kits Si570 from Rocky

  • i5xww
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 1, 2008
      Firstly I want to thank Jim KB2XJ for indicating that his USB
      synthesizer did work with Rocky software.

      As I am using the synthesizer only connected to a receiver, I've had
      to perform some tests without actually linking the synthesiser to a
      transmitter

      So I did find that the signal coming out of pin 3 of ATTiny45-20 is
      correctly what should be expected: 5V on transmit, 0V on receive.

      If the PTT of the radio is not keyed, this may be related to the
      radio circuitry.

      I have performed some software tasks, all leading to a perfectly
      activated PTT (IC's pin 3), at least on my workbench

      I have also found that in CW mode, PTT is activated as follows:
      - Tools / Setting / check Transmitter Enabled box
      - check VOX in the green Tx menu icon
      - by closing the CW key input to ground, a sidetone is heard as well
      as pin 3 of the IC going high

      While checking all the above, I did find that one side of C9 is not
      linked to anywhere on my PCB. It shall be connected to the CW input
      track nearby. I've already alerted somebody on this.

      Cheers

      Crispino i5xww
    • James R. Elledge
      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 3, 2008
        Hi Crispino

        I have had the unit up and running for hours, burn-in - HI.
        Just powered it down to make the fix for the dead end C9. Thought I
        would rotate the cap to the cw line but used a wire jumper.

        Not tested with a SR yet, my V6.2 stuff all retired to the bottom of
        my toy box. I will give it a try with the new toy, V6.3, when
        received and assembled.

        Thanks for the info with C9.

        73
        Jim - KB2XJ