Re: [softrock40] re qrp 200 synthesizer

  • Doug Hall
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 1, 2008
      On Fri, Aug 1, 2008 at 1:20 PM, Jose Bonanca <jbct1aos@...> wrote:
      > Art,
      > It may be that DELL has done those mistakes. I never found any 2.0 USB
      > computers with the front port being 1.0.

      The issue is not that the front ports are USB 1.1, but that they are
      often provided via an internal USB hub. And some devices will not work
      properly when connected to a USB hub.

      Regards,
      Doug K4DSP
    • Jose Bonanca
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 1, 2008
        AH that yes is right

        73

        --
        Jose Bonanca (CT1aos)
      • Steve
        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 1, 2008
          My 2 cents worth
          The majority of assembled "clone" computers have had major poblems
          with front USB ports. It comes down to the poor quality of the cabling
          & connectors. With these it's common for USB devices to not be
          recognised properly or not work well.

          -Steve
          VK7XOR
          --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Doug Hall" <k4dsp.doug@...> wrote:

          > On Fri, Aug 1, 2008 at 1:20 PM, Jose Bonanca <jbct1aos@...> wrote:
          > > Art,
          > > It may be that DELL has done those mistakes. I never found any 2.0
          USB
          > > computers with the front port being 1.0.
          >
          > The issue is not that the front ports are USB 1.1, but that they are
          > often provided via an internal USB hub. And some devices will not
          work
          > properly when connected to a USB hub.
          >
          > Regards,
          > Doug K4DSP

        • Jim Miller
          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 1, 2008
            the front panel ports are almost exclusively served by cables whereas the
            rear ones are served directly by the motherboard connectors.

            knowing what i do of the usb spec and the tendancy to use the cheapest
            cables possible i avoid the front panel connectors whenever possible.

            jim ab3cv