Re: Controlling SDR-Kits Si570 from Rocky

  • applewiz67
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 1, 2008
      Yep,

      The Si570Calibration value being corrupted was the problem. Mine is
      now working also.

      Does your Rx/Tx (PTT) line work?

      -Rob

      --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "i5xww" <crispinomessina@...> wrote:
      > Hi all,
      >
      > this morning I have decided to install Rocky in a new directory
      > C:/Programs/Rocky35
      > instead of the default one C:/Programs/Afreet/Rocky
      >
      > ... and yes, it works!
      >
      > the synthesizer will tune to the predefined center frequencies from
      > the list
      >
      > By the way on a fresh installation of Rocky the default value of
      > Si570Calibration is 2.097152 at least in my case (see Rocky.ini file)
      >
      > It will change slightly when you decide to perform calibration
      > (Tools / Si570 Calibration)
      >
      > Generally speaking new values in the Rocky.ini file are updated and
      > saved upon exit of the program. So you need to close the program and
      > close and re-open the ini file to check the data updates made by the
      > program itself.
      >
      > cheers
      >
      > Crispino i5xww
    • i5xww
      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 1, 2008
        Firstly I want to thank Jim KB2XJ for indicating that his USB
        synthesizer did work with Rocky software.

        As I am using the synthesizer only connected to a receiver, I've had
        to perform some tests without actually linking the synthesiser to a
        transmitter

        So I did find that the signal coming out of pin 3 of ATTiny45-20 is
        correctly what should be expected: 5V on transmit, 0V on receive.

        If the PTT of the radio is not keyed, this may be related to the
        radio circuitry.

        I have performed some software tasks, all leading to a perfectly
        activated PTT (IC's pin 3), at least on my workbench

        I have also found that in CW mode, PTT is activated as follows:
        - Tools / Setting / check Transmitter Enabled box
        - check VOX in the green Tx menu icon
        - by closing the CW key input to ground, a sidetone is heard as well
        as pin 3 of the IC going high

        While checking all the above, I did find that one side of C9 is not
        linked to anywhere on my PCB. It shall be connected to the CW input
        track nearby. I've already alerted somebody on this.

        Cheers

        Crispino i5xww
      • James R. Elledge
        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 3, 2008
          Hi Crispino

          I have had the unit up and running for hours, burn-in - HI.
          Just powered it down to make the fix for the dead end C9. Thought I
          would rotate the cap to the cw line but used a wire jumper.

          Not tested with a SR yet, my V6.2 stuff all retired to the bottom of
          my toy box. I will give it a try with the new toy, V6.3, when
          received and assembled.

          Thanks for the info with C9.

          73
          Jim - KB2XJ