Re: Soundblaster 24 Live USB Card

  • R. R. Robson
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 31 4:19 AM
      --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Loren Moline" <DSNman@...> wrote:
      >can I select the output to come
      > through my laptop speakers? Of course I will see the spectrum on the
      > screen but was wondering about the sound. Thanks!
      >
      > Loren WA7SKT

      Loren:
      I use the SB Live 24 USB sound card for my RXTX with Rocky.

      I have never tried nor perceived any need to make the SB 24 Live go
      to the laptop's speakers.

      Rocky provides the ability to use the external card for Softrock I/O
      ("I/Q Input Device") and the internal laptop soundcard for the human
      I/O ("Audio Output Device"). That setting capitalizes upon the
      relative strengths of the two cards.

      It's all in the VIEW/SETTINGS menu on the AUDIO tab.

      Note that if you enable transmit function in Rocky, you MUST use a
      sepoarate sound card for the "Audio Device" to hear the RX.

      73 de robby wb5rvz