Re: Si571

  • applewiz67
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 31, 2008
      Hi Alan,

      I think the conclusion was the phase noise would be worse from any
      noise on the FM control line. However like yourself, I reckon the
      Si571 would be a good solution for directly producing FM in a
      2m/70cm/23cm transceiver.

      IMHO current consumption is too high for a handheld rig, but obviously
      OK for base/mobile.

      -Rob
      (2E0UZF, but doing full license soon)

      --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Alan" <g4zfq@...> wrote:
      > There was discussion about the Si571 before, I don't remember the
      outcome.
      > I think Tom offered to do a bulk buy, maybe they were too expensive
      or not
      > enough interest.
      >
      > I was tempted to make my sample request for those but decided not to.
      > I did not have a specific use in mind, was uncertain what modulation it
      > could be used for. Directly producing FM on 2m seems good, the full
      range ones might do this to 1.4GHz.