Re: [softrock40] Novice questions

  • Tony Parks
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 21, 2006
      Hi Greg,

      Rocky 1.41 is a good place to start when first using the v5.0 SoftRock.
      There are at least four good SDR programs available for free download.

      The v5.0 SoftRock will work ok with even a mother board soundcard but the
      Delta 44 at about $150 is really the way to go for +/-48 kHz, (96 kHz
      sampling), tuning from the SoftRock crystal frequency. With the 1.8432 MHz
      crystal in the kit this will give you very nice coverage on the lower 90 kHz
      of the 160m band.

      Your computer should work nicely with the Rocky programs and other SDR
      softwrare.

      73,
      Tony KB9YIG