shifting

  • ak3f
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 2, 2008
      can some kind soul give me some pointers on sample shifting? i am
      using rocky 3.5 and a 40/80 meter v6.2 RXTX, a SB live! external USB
      sound card and having a ball in receive.

      i was watching the I/Q RX balance graph develop on 40 m. the data
      points seemed pretty scattered, and in the spectrum view most but not
      all signals seemed to only be on one side of the center frequency so i
      think balancing was beginning to work. some strong, fairly broad
      signals would appear from time to time (cw) and be on both sides. so
      on a whim i changed rocky to shift -1 one sample.

      i guess i expected it to either work or not work, but actually it
      seems pretty much the same using -1 shift. it was at 0 shift. i think
      the I/Q balance graphs may be less scattered now. i'm not yet convinced.

      how do you know when you have the shift stuff right?

      sorry if this is a stupid question. i'm just learning but it sure is fun.

      thanks
      mike ak3f