RE: [softrock40] HSUSB Interface

  • Chris Stake
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 2 1:34 AM

      I am in UK, I have placed an order for the PCB but Cypress have declined my request for a sample processor and I can’t find another source. A kit of parts would be great or if anyone could sell me a processor privately that would be good also. Or maybe a swap for any parts which are hard to source in US?

      Regards

      Chris Stake

      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 2 4:23 PM
        I must have missed the original posting on this. What is it?
        73, Jim WA4YWM
      • brainerd@wildblue.net
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 2 6:27 PM
          On 2 Jul 2008 at 19:23, Elmore's wrote:

          > I must have missed the original posting on this. What is it?
          > 73, Jim WA4YWM
          >
          > ------------------------------------
          It is a High Speed USB interface board. It uses the Cypress CY7C68013A chip, which is
          rated for USB 2.0 High Speed(480 Mbps). All of the PICS tha I am aware of and most others
          are only rated at "Full Speed"(12Mbps). I designed the board with the ultimate aim of
          interfacing a 24bit;192KHz A/D and D/A chips to replace the sound card in an SDR. There is
          enough I/O to control other circuits as well.
          The chip can be used as a USB to parallel, USB to Serial, USB to I2C or a combination.
          The N2PK VNA group is using a very similar board as a USB to parallel interface. The
          HPSDR folks are using the same chip (higher pin count) as a USB interface for the HPSDZR
          project.
          The Cypress chip contains an 8051 clone microprocessor in addition to the USB interface.
          Program memory is RAM rather than flash or EEPROM, so must be programmed from the
          USB bus or read in from an onboard EEPROM through the I2C bus of the chip.

          Dave - WB6DHW
          <http://wb6dhw.com>