Re: [softrock40] HSUSB Interface

  • Tom Hoflich
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 1, 2008

      Put me down.  I already have the processor chip.

      Thanks

      73, Tom KM5H

      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 1, 2008
        I would be interested Dave

        Bill VK7MX

        brainerd@... wrote:
        > I would like to know how many would be interested in a parts kit for my HSUSB board. The
        > parts are all available from DigiKey. But, apparently, DigiKey charges outragous shipping to
        > Europe and Australia. The price would most likely be the price of the components from
        > DigiKey based on qty 1 prices plus shipping from me at Internation Mail rates(approx
        > $1.40/ounce). The processor chip has a price break at 25. But, unless there are close to
        > that many, I can't afford to keep 25 in stock at $14 each.
        >
        > Dave - WB6DHW
        > <http://wb6dhw.com>

      • Chris Stake
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 2, 2008

          I am in UK, I have placed an order for the PCB but Cypress have declined my request for a sample processor and I can’t find another source. A kit of parts would be great or if anyone could sell me a processor privately that would be good also. Or maybe a swap for any parts which are hard to source in US?

          Regards

          Chris Stake

          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 2, 2008
            I must have missed the original posting on this. What is it?
            73, Jim WA4YWM
          • brainerd@wildblue.net
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 2, 2008
              On 2 Jul 2008 at 19:23, Elmore's wrote:

              > I must have missed the original posting on this. What is it?
              > 73, Jim WA4YWM
              >
              > ------------------------------------
              It is a High Speed USB interface board. It uses the Cypress CY7C68013A chip, which is
              rated for USB 2.0 High Speed(480 Mbps). All of the PICS tha I am aware of and most others
              are only rated at "Full Speed"(12Mbps). I designed the board with the ultimate aim of
              interfacing a 24bit;192KHz A/D and D/A chips to replace the sound card in an SDR. There is
              enough I/O to control other circuits as well.
              The chip can be used as a USB to parallel, USB to Serial, USB to I2C or a combination.
              The N2PK VNA group is using a very similar board as a USB to parallel interface. The
              HPSDR folks are using the same chip (higher pin count) as a USB interface for the HPSDZR
              project.
              The Cypress chip contains an 8051 clone microprocessor in addition to the USB interface.
              Program memory is RAM rather than flash or EEPROM, so must be programmed from the
              USB bus or read in from an onboard EEPROM through the I2C bus of the chip.

              Dave - WB6DHW
              <http://wb6dhw.com>