455KHz SDR Softrock kit

  • k0eoo
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 1, 2008
      Hello all,

      Can someone help me find the softrock SDR card that was designed to be
      a 455KHz IF?? Would appreciate any help. I understand this kit is
      soldout so I was wondering if one of the member had one they would be
      willing to sell?? Or can I get the PCB and parts list so I'll make the
      kit myself?

      Thanks in advance for your help....

      Ciao, Dennis, k0eoo
    • first_nevyn
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 10, 2010
        --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "k0eoo" <k0eoo@...> wrote:

        > Hello all,
        >
        > Can someone help me find the softrock SDR card that was designed to be
        > a 455KHz IF?? Would appreciate any help. I understand this kit is
        > soldout so I was wondering if one of the member had one they would be
        > willing to sell?? Or can I get the PCB and parts list so I'll make the
        > kit myself?
        >
        > Thanks in advance for your help....
        >
        > Ciao, Dennis, k0eoo

        http://www.dh1tw.de/bandscope-modification-yaesu-ft1000mp might help it's using a softrock clone rather than a real softrock but using a real softrock and following the directions would get you in the ballpark I think

        I'm considering the same mod with my second softrock lite II kit and tapping the IF of a UBC9000XLT that I picked up for $15.

        I would appreciate if someone could expand the difference between the descriminator output and using a softrock on the final IF.

        that'd give me 25MHz to 1300MHz with a panadapter and sdr decoders etc.