Re: [softrock40] RxTx v 6.1 cw keying schematic

  • Jack Colson
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 29, 2008
      Makes sense but have you tried it?
      ----- Original Message -----
      Sent: Sunday, June 29, 2008 9:12 AM
      Subject: Re: [softrock40] RxTx v 6.1 cw keying schematic

      After PTT is asserted, the CW signal can be generated as an audio
      tone, processed into the I and Q signals, and sent to the RxTx via
      the sound card's "line out", where it is converted to the HF signal.
      You key the _audio_tone_ on/off. At least that is what I understand
      happens in an SDR rig.

      Jerry W4UK

      At 07:44 AM 6/29/2008, you wrote:
      >I have reviewed documents provided by M0KGK and JA9MAT re configuration
      >and thus far am not convinced they will work with v6.1 board.
      >
      >Is there a schematic of how one would configure this board to operate
      >on CW? I can imagine one keying the PTT line but that seems a bit
      >basic.
      >
      >Thank you,
      >73 Jack, W3TMZ

      Checked by AVG.
    • Christos Nikolaou
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 29, 2008
        That is the way it works in PowerSDR when you setup appropriately the
        keyer in DSP tab.
        It is confirmed.

        73
        Christos SV1EIA
        > After PTT is asserted, the CW signal can be generated as an audio
        > tone, processed into the I and Q signals, and sent to the RxTx via
        > the sound card's "line out", where it is converted to the HF signal.
        > You key the _audio_tone_ on/off. At least that is what I understand
        > happens in an SDR rig.
        >
        > Jerry W4UK
        >
        > At 07:44 AM 6/29/2008, you wrote:
        > >I have reviewed documents provided by M0KGK and JA9MAT re
        configuration
        > >and thus far am not convinced they will work with v6.1 board.
        > >
        > >Is there a schematic of how one would configure this board to operate
        > >on CW? I can imagine one keying the PTT line but that seems a bit
        > >basic.
        > >
        > >Thank you,
        > >73 Jack, W3TMZ

        6/28/2008 7:00 AM