Re: A modest proposal

  • dick_faust
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 28, 2008
      --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Phil Harman" <phil@...> wrote:

      > After Mercury is out we have a cunning plan to use Janus as part of a
      1GHz Vector Network Analyser. so don't plan to part with them just yet!

      Good to know - I do not wish to part with the Janus, I just would like
      to use it with Rocky and some other software. Waiting for Mercury &
      Alex to round out curent setup, but I prefer Rocky for Softrock

      > There is code in SVN that enables you to talk to the end points in
      the FX2. Using LibUSB as the diver makes this very straight forward.

      I have also looked at the SVN where there is way too much code with too
      little explanation to make the conversion 'very straight forward' for
      me, who is not a proficient C programmer [I have been known to use a
      big club and keep beating on software untill it comes out right].

      As I mentioned in previous post the L & R from the AK5394 on Janus
      would work. The other four channels and the parallel port control could
      be disabled or ignored [would possibly handle more data ?]. The
      current driver setup of LibUSB has a unique configuration that needs to
      be converted to WDM driver like a sound card instead of the unique
      device classification.
      If some one can provide the basic info needed to change, I will get a
      big club and make it work.
      73, Dick K9IVB