Re: [softrock40] Re: It works !

  • wb2srf@juno.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 3, 2005
      Hi Dick,

      Yes, the Softrock works very well with the SD radio software on my older
      PC running Windows 98. I have not had any success to date getting the
      Flex Radio software operational on a newer PC running Windows 2000.

      FB on the single audio channel downconverter. The SD radio software will
      work with this also but there will be images present that will clutter up
      the display, since there will be no way to reject the unwanted response.

      I have used the SD radio program with the R2PRO which I believe is
      similar to the binaural receiver design, this also works very well. Just
      keep an offset of at least 5KHz or more to get away from the noise at the
      center zero IF, true for all direct conversion receivers. Keeping the
      offset makes the receiver operate as a superheterodyne receiver with a
      low IF.

      Happy experimenting
      GL 73,
      Bob Johansen WB2SRF