Re: HELP! RXTX 6.2

  • hczerwick
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 1, 2008
      --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Tony Parks" <raparks@...> wrote:

      > Hi Hank,
      >
      > There is a series diode on the RXTX board to guart against the
      reverse power supply polarity problem so you should be ok. When the
      power supply is connected with the right polarity, what current is
      supplied to the RXTX board in RX mode?

      > 73,
      > Tony KB9YIG

      Thanks a million for your quick reply. Decided to walk away from the
      whole calamity of errors that went on here right after breakfast and
      take care of some other things while I thought about this whole thing.
      Something was not adding up. If you have resistance and apply voltage
      there needs to be measurable amperage right? Well not if the fuse in
      the meter is blown for some reason. Got that squared away and
      everything measured like it should. Got rid of the whole plug thing I
      mentioned also, that was nice for building and testing but we're past
      that now. So hooked everything back up to the Windows computer and
      still nothing. Dug around the junk box and found a old SoundBlaster
      Card. Popped that in the computer and tried it and now we're receiving!!!!

      So now to get this in an enclosure and see if we can get on the air!!!

      Thanks a million again.

      Hank AB2XG