Re: Tom´s Software version 2.4

  • David Robinson
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 1, 2008
      I had the same experience as KB2XJ with a mid may 8.3 kit. I
      verified the pic against the hex dump in the files area and found
      the program code matched but not the freq code. so i erased the pic,
      loaded it with the correct hex image and it has worked fine ever
      since

      Dave

      ww2r

      --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "James R. Elledge" <kb2xj@...>
      wrote:

      > --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Terry" <wb4jfi@> wrote:
      > >
      > > --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Jose Bonanca" <jbct1aos@>
      > > wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Been testing this SW with a XTALL 1.1 and Xtall version 1.
      > > > In both version the SW works but very far away from the center
      > > frequencies.
      > > > sometimes more than 1MHZ away.
      > > > The PIC´s I got (3) have been programmed by Tony and he says
      >no oneelse isreporting the trouble.
      > >
      > > Am I alone in this thread ??
      > >
      > > Thanks to all.
      > > 73
      > >
      > > --
      > > Jose Bonanca (CT1aos)

    • Jose Bonanca
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 2, 2008
        Dave it means that you may had the same problem as me.
        Did you measured the deviation ?
        when did you receive your kit ? Was it after May 26?

        Thanks

        73

        --
        Jose Bonanca (CT1aos)
      • David Robinson
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 3, 2008
          there were many deviations, it was not a contant. 5 of the settings
          gave the same frequency around 53MHz

          I still have a copy of the hex image which i received

          Dave

          wrote:

          > Dave it means that you may had the same problem as me.
          > Did you measured the deviation ?
          > when did you receive your kit ? Was it after May 26?
          >
          > Thanks
          >
          > 73
          >
          > On Mon, Jun 2, 2008 at 2:04 AM, David Robinson <ww2r@...> wrote:
          >
          > > I had the same experience as KB2XJ with a mid may 8.3 kit. I
          > > verified the pic against the hex dump in the files area and found
          > > the program code matched but not the freq code. so i erased the
          pic,
          > > loaded it with the correct hex image and it has worked fine ever
          > > since
          > >
          > > Dave
          > >
          > > ww2r
          > >

          > > > The 12F683 was the problem with mine, wrong freq's. Erased and
          re-
          > > > loaded the chip - problem solved - worked perfectly then.
          > > >
          > > > Jim - KB2XJ
          > > >

          > > --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com <softrock40%
          40yahoogroups.com>, "James
          > > R. Elledge" <kb2xj@>
          > > wrote:
          > > >
          > > > --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com <softrock40%
          40yahoogroups.com>,

          > > "Jose Bonanca" <jbct1aos@>

          > > >no oneelse isreporting the trouble.

          > --
          > Jose Bonanca (CT1aos)

        • Ulf Jonsson
          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 3, 2008
            Here is a $10 way to add a frequency counter

            Found a post in a QRP list by Jim, KR1S .

            http://www.pongrance.com/

            Doug also sell a display for $0.99 that can be interfaced with only a
            few pins.

            Ulf