Re: No output from RXTX 6.2 40/80

  • Wes Hartman
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 1, 2008
      The DC voltage at pins 1 and 7 are correct. So the voltage regulator
      circuit looks good. I was able to borrow a scope and checked U7. No
      joy on the clock signals. I also used Leonard's test procedures and
      was not able to see an oscillator signal.

      Thanks for the info,
      -Wes, KC5FGK

      --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Tony Parks" <raparks@...> wrote:

      > Hi Wes,
      >
      > What DC voltage do you read at pins 1 and 7 to circuit ground? The
      voltage should be about 2.5 volts DC.

      > Also, with a jumper plug on JP2 to select one of the crystals, and
      a jumper plug on JP1 to set division by 4, (4x position), do you see
      the 40m quadrature clock signals at pins 2 and 14 of U7? If you do
      not have a scope, measure the DC voltage at these two pin to circuit
      ground. The DC voltage should be about 2.5 volts if the quadrature
      clocks are running. (This only says that some 50% duty cycle clock
      is running, not necessarily the right frequency.)