Si570 and BASCOM (on a ATMega32)

  • w7qjq
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2008
      I have posted two Si570-related files (in the *W7QJQ folder).

      One is a program to read and display (on an acsii terminal) the
      factory-programmmed Start-Up parameters including N1, HS_DIV, RFREQ,
      and the internal xtal frequency.

      The other, a bare-bones routine to input (from the keyboard) a
      frequency in the range of 3.5 MHz to around 1300 MHz, select the
      correct Si570 divisors, and DCO tuning word, and load a frequency
      into a Si570 chip.

      Both are programmed in BASCOM, a VB-like language molded closely the
      Atmel AVR series of uC's.
      See the file folder for more details on the programs, a few metrics
      related to floating-point math and speed, as well as the source code.

      73, Sid W7QJQ
      Oklahoma