Re: [softrock40] Re: Tom´s Software version 2.4

  • Tony Parks
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 1, 2008
      Hi Jose,

      Tom's v2.4 HEX file is in the XTALL daughter board files folder. (XTALLV2.4.hex )

      73,
      Tony KB9YIG

        On Sun, Jun 1, 2008 at 6:16 PM, James R. Elledge <kb2xj@...> wrote:

        --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Terry" <wb4jfi@...> wrote:

        > --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Jose Bonanca" <jbct1aos@>
        > wrote:
        > >
        > > Been testing this SW with a XTALL 1.1 and Xtall version 1.
        > > In both version the SW works but very far away from the center
        > frequencies.
        > > sometimes more than 1MHZ away.
        > > The PIC´s I got (3) have been programmed by Tony and he says no
        one
        > else is
        > > reporting the trouble.
        > >
        > > Am I alone in this thread ??
        > >
        > > Thanks to all.
        > > 73
        > >
        > > --
        > > Jose Bonanca (CT1aos)
        > >

        > Hello Jose.
        > Do you see the approx 56.3MHz (or other default freq), when the
        power
        > is first applied?
        >
        > I just finished building up one XTALL 1.1, and it would only
        > intermittently change freqs. It turns out that there was not a
        good
        > solder joint under the Si570 on one pin. After resoldering the
        570,
        > it came up fine.
        >
        > Terry
        > WB4JFI

        The 12F683 was the problem with mine, wrong freq's. Erased and re-
        loaded the chip - problem solved - worked perfectly then.

        Jim - KB2XJ

        --
        Jose Bonanca (CT1aos)

        --
        Jose Bonanca (CT1aos)
      • James R. Elledge
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 1, 2008
          Hi Jose

          The file Tony pointed you to is the one I used. Loaded two chips with
          that HEX file and both work exactly as they are intended. Also tried
          the others Tom has provided and the work perfectly.

          Hope you have the problem solved soon.

          Jim - KB2XJ

          --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Tony Parks" <raparks@...> wrote:

          > Hi Jose,
          >
          > Tom's v2.4 HEX file is in the XTALL daughter board files folder.
          (XTALLV2.4.hex )

          > 73,
          > Tony KB9YIG

        • Jose Bonanca
          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 1, 2008
            Thank you JIM I got the file already.

            cheers

            --
            Jose Bonanca (CT1aos)
            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 1, 2008
              From: "James R. Elledge"
              >The file Tony pointed you to is the one I used. Loaded two chips with
              that HEX file and both work exactly as they are intended. Also tried
              the others Tom has provided and the work perfectly.

              Yes, I have had no problem with any of those files.

              73 Alan G4ZFQ
            • Tony Parks
              Message 6 of 9 , Jun 1, 2008
                Hi Dave,

                Please let me know the date you received your v8.3 kit.  I am trying to determine if PIC's programmed with my new programmer contained the wrong EE data.

                Thanks and 73,
                Tony KB9YIG
                Message 7 of 9 , Jun 3, 2008
                  Tony

                  i am now back from St Louis so can check my old emails

                  looks like you shipped it around may 7

                  Dave