Re: [softrock40] Re: Tom´s Software version 2.4

  • Tony Parks
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 1, 2008
      Please let me know if others are experiencing problems with the v2.4 frequencies in the PICs I have been sending out the the v8.3 kits mailed since May 26.

      Thanks and 73,
      Tony KB9YIG
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 1, 2008
        Hi Tony

        Could have been a handeling fault on my end, Everyone should observe
        the ESD practices (me too). Even the soldering iron can cause
        problems if it does not have an isolated tip (certified ESD safe). I
        have scrambled other chips by not exercising CARE.

        Jim - KB2XJ

        --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Tony Parks" <raparks@...> wrote:

        > Please let me know if others are experiencing problems with the
        v2.4 frequencies in the PICs I have been sending out the the v8.3
        kits mailed since May 26.

        > Thanks and 73,
        > Tony KB9YIG

      • Tony Parks
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 1, 2008
          Hi Jose,

          Tom's v2.4 HEX file is in the XTALL daughter board files folder. (XTALLV2.4.hex )

          73,
          Tony KB9YIG

            On Sun, Jun 1, 2008 at 6:16 PM, James R. Elledge <kb2xj@...> wrote:

            --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Terry" <wb4jfi@...> wrote:

            > --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Jose Bonanca" <jbct1aos@>
            > wrote:
            > >
            > > Been testing this SW with a XTALL 1.1 and Xtall version 1.
            > > In both version the SW works but very far away from the center
            > frequencies.
            > > sometimes more than 1MHZ away.
            > > The PIC´s I got (3) have been programmed by Tony and he says no
            one
            > else is
            > > reporting the trouble.
            > >
            > > Am I alone in this thread ??
            > >
            > > Thanks to all.
            > > 73
            > >
            > > --
            > > Jose Bonanca (CT1aos)
            > >

            > Hello Jose.
            > Do you see the approx 56.3MHz (or other default freq), when the
            power
            > is first applied?
            >
            > I just finished building up one XTALL 1.1, and it would only
            > intermittently change freqs. It turns out that there was not a
            good
            > solder joint under the Si570 on one pin. After resoldering the
            570,
            > it came up fine.
            >
            > Terry
            > WB4JFI

            The 12F683 was the problem with mine, wrong freq's. Erased and re-
            loaded the chip - problem solved - worked perfectly then.

            Jim - KB2XJ

            --
            Jose Bonanca (CT1aos)

            --
            Jose Bonanca (CT1aos)
          • James R. Elledge
            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 1, 2008
              Hi Jose

              The file Tony pointed you to is the one I used. Loaded two chips with
              that HEX file and both work exactly as they are intended. Also tried
              the others Tom has provided and the work perfectly.

              Hope you have the problem solved soon.

            • Jose Bonanca
              Message 6 of 9 , Jun 1, 2008
                Thank you JIM I got the file already.

                cheers

                --
                Jose Bonanca (CT1aos)
                Message 7 of 9 , Jun 1, 2008
                  From: "James R. Elledge"
                  >The file Tony pointed you to is the one I used. Loaded two chips with
                  that HEX file and both work exactly as they are intended. Also tried
                  the others Tom has provided and the work perfectly.

                  Yes, I have had no problem with any of those files.

                  73 Alan G4ZFQ
                • Tony Parks
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jun 1, 2008
                    Hi Dave,

                    Please let me know the date you received your v8.3 kit.  I am trying to determine if PIC's programmed with my new programmer contained the wrong EE data.

                    Thanks and 73,
                    Tony KB9YIG
                    Message 9 of 9 , Jun 3, 2008
                      Tony

                      i am now back from St Louis so can check my old emails

                      looks like you shipped it around may 7

                      Dave