Re: [softrock40] Re: Tom´s Software version 2.4

  • Jose Bonanca
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 1, 2008
      Yes Terry I see the correct starting freq. but then the programmed freqs are off by - 1MHz.

      I do not think it is soldering problem. I may think in the possibility of Tony being lead to something else on his new programmer. Could that be the problem.? I got 3 pics and all 3 are the same I put an old version pic are everything is right. So it must be the pic.

      Thank you very much for your input.

      Regards

      On Sun, Jun 1, 2008 at 5:24 PM, Terry <wb4jfi@...> wrote:

      --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Jose Bonanca" <jbct1aos@...>
      wrote:

      > Been testing this SW with a XTALL 1.1 and Xtall version 1.
      > In both version the SW works but very far away from the center
      frequencies.
      > sometimes more than 1MHZ away.
      > The PIC´s I got (3) have been programmed by Tony and he says no one
      else is
      > reporting the trouble.
      >
      > Am I alone in this thread ??
      >
      > Thanks to all.
      > 73
      >
      > --
      > Jose Bonanca (CT1aos)

      Hello Jose.
      Do you see the approx 56.3MHz (or other default freq), when the power
      is first applied?

      I just finished building up one XTALL 1.1, and it would only
      intermittently change freqs. It turns out that there was not a good
      solder joint under the Si570 on one pin. After resoldering the 570,
      it came up fine.

      Terry
      WB4JFI

      --
      Jose Bonanca (CT1aos)
    • James R. Elledge
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 1, 2008
        --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Terry" <wb4jfi@...> wrote:

        > --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Jose Bonanca" <jbct1aos@>
        > wrote:
        > >
        > > Been testing this SW with a XTALL 1.1 and Xtall version 1.
        > > In both version the SW works but very far away from the center
        > frequencies.
        > > sometimes more than 1MHZ away.
        > > The PIC´s I got (3) have been programmed by Tony and he says no
        one
        > else is
        > > reporting the trouble.
        > >
        > > Am I alone in this thread ??
        > >
        > > Thanks to all.
        > > 73
        > >
        > > --
        > > Jose Bonanca (CT1aos)
        > >

        > Hello Jose.
        > Do you see the approx 56.3MHz (or other default freq), when the
        power
        > is first applied?
        >
        > I just finished building up one XTALL 1.1, and it would only
        > intermittently change freqs. It turns out that there was not a
        good
        > solder joint under the Si570 on one pin. After resoldering the
        570,
        > it came up fine.
        >
        > Terry
        > WB4JFI

        The 12F683 was the problem with mine, wrong freq's. Erased and re-
        loaded the chip - problem solved - worked perfectly then.

        Jim - KB2XJ
      • Jose Bonanca
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 1, 2008
          Jim, at least some one else with wrong freq,.
          I am going to receive a serial pic programmer by late thist week.

          Now I need to have the file of Tom´s v.2.4 to try to reprogram the pics I have here.
          Could you please send me the file appended to my e-mail address, please...

          Thank you.

          Regards

          On Sun, Jun 1, 2008 at 6:16 PM, James R. Elledge <kb2xj@...> wrote:

          --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Terry" <wb4jfi@...> wrote:

          > --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Jose Bonanca" <jbct1aos@>
          > wrote:
          > >
          > > Been testing this SW with a XTALL 1.1 and Xtall version 1.
          > > In both version the SW works but very far away from the center
          > frequencies.
          > > sometimes more than 1MHZ away.
          > > The PIC´s I got (3) have been programmed by Tony and he says no
          one
          > else is
          > > reporting the trouble.
          > >
          > > Am I alone in this thread ??
          > >
          > > Thanks to all.
          > > 73
          > >
          > > --
          > > Jose Bonanca (CT1aos)
          > >

          > Hello Jose.
          > Do you see the approx 56.3MHz (or other default freq), when the
          power
          > is first applied?
          >
          > I just finished building up one XTALL 1.1, and it would only
          > intermittently change freqs. It turns out that there was not a
          good
          > solder joint under the Si570 on one pin. After resoldering the
          570,
          > it came up fine.
          >
          > Terry
          > WB4JFI

          The 12F683 was the problem with mine, wrong freq's. Erased and re-
          loaded the chip - problem solved - worked perfectly then.

          Jim - KB2XJ

          --
          Jose Bonanca (CT1aos)
        • David Robinson
          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 1, 2008
            I had the same experience as KB2XJ with a mid may 8.3 kit. I
            verified the pic against the hex dump in the files area and found
            the program code matched but not the freq code. so i erased the pic,
            loaded it with the correct hex image and it has worked fine ever
            since

            Dave

            ww2r

            --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "James R. Elledge" <kb2xj@...>
            wrote:

            > --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Terry" <wb4jfi@> wrote:
            > >
            > > --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Jose Bonanca" <jbct1aos@>
            > > wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Been testing this SW with a XTALL 1.1 and Xtall version 1.
            > > > In both version the SW works but very far away from the center
            > > frequencies.
            > > > sometimes more than 1MHZ away.
            > > > The PIC´s I got (3) have been programmed by Tony and he says
            >no oneelse isreporting the trouble.
            > >
            > > Am I alone in this thread ??
            > >
            > > Thanks to all.
            > > 73
            > >
            > > --
            > > Jose Bonanca (CT1aos)

          • Jose Bonanca
            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 2, 2008
              Dave it means that you may had the same problem as me.
              Did you measured the deviation ?
              when did you receive your kit ? Was it after May 26?

              Thanks

              73

              --
              Jose Bonanca (CT1aos)
            • David Robinson
              Message 6 of 9 , Jun 3, 2008
                there were many deviations, it was not a contant. 5 of the settings
                gave the same frequency around 53MHz

                I still have a copy of the hex image which i received

                Dave

                wrote:

                > Dave it means that you may had the same problem as me.
                > Did you measured the deviation ?
                > when did you receive your kit ? Was it after May 26?
                >
                > Thanks
                >
                > 73
                >
                > On Mon, Jun 2, 2008 at 2:04 AM, David Robinson <ww2r@...> wrote:
                >
                > > I had the same experience as KB2XJ with a mid may 8.3 kit. I
                > > verified the pic against the hex dump in the files area and found
                > > the program code matched but not the freq code. so i erased the
                pic,
                > > loaded it with the correct hex image and it has worked fine ever
                > > since
                > >
                > > Dave
                > >
                > > ww2r
                > >

                > > > The 12F683 was the problem with mine, wrong freq's. Erased and
                re-
                > > > loaded the chip - problem solved - worked perfectly then.
                > > >
                > > > Jim - KB2XJ
                > > >

                > > --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com <softrock40%
                40yahoogroups.com>, "James
                > > R. Elledge" <kb2xj@>
                > > wrote:
                > > >
                > > > --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com <softrock40%
                40yahoogroups.com>,

                > > "Jose Bonanca" <jbct1aos@>

                > > >no oneelse isreporting the trouble.

                > --
                > Jose Bonanca (CT1aos)

              • Ulf Jonsson
                Message 7 of 9 , Jun 3, 2008
                  Here is a $10 way to add a frequency counter

                  Found a post in a QRP list by Jim, KR1S .

                  http://www.pongrance.com/

                  Doug also sell a display for $0.99 that can be interfaced with only a
                  few pins.

                  Ulf