Tom´s Software version 2.4

  • Jose Bonanca
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 1 3:22 AM
      Been testing this SW with a XTALL 1.1 and Xtall version 1.
      In both version the SW works but very far away from the center frequencies.  sometimes more than 1MHZ away.
      The PIC´s I got (3) have been programmed by Tony and he says no one else is reporting the trouble.

      Am I alone in this thread ??

      Thanks to all.

      Jose Bonanca (CT1aos)
    • Terry
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 1 9:24 AM
        --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Jose Bonanca" <jbct1aos@...>
        wrote:

        > Been testing this SW with a XTALL 1.1 and Xtall version 1.
        > In both version the SW works but very far away from the center
        frequencies.
        > sometimes more than 1MHZ away.
        > The PIC´s I got (3) have been programmed by Tony and he says no one
        else is
        > reporting the trouble.
        >
        > Am I alone in this thread ??
        >
        > Thanks to all.
        > 73
        >
        > --
        > Jose Bonanca (CT1aos)

        Hello Jose.
        Do you see the approx 56.3MHz (or other default freq), when the power
        is first applied?

        I just finished building up one XTALL 1.1, and it would only
        intermittently change freqs. It turns out that there was not a good
        solder joint under the Si570 on one pin. After resoldering the 570,
        it came up fine.

        Terry
        WB4JFI
      • Jose Bonanca
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 1 9:53 AM
          Yes Terry I see the correct starting freq. but then the programmed freqs are off by - 1MHz.

          I do not think it is soldering problem. I may think in the possibility of Tony being lead to something else on his new programmer. Could that be the problem.? I got 3 pics and all 3 are the same I put an old version pic are everything is right. So it must be the pic.

          Thank you very much for your input.

          Regards

          wrote:

          > Been testing this SW with a XTALL 1.1 and Xtall version 1.
          > In both version the SW works but very far away from the center
          frequencies.
          > sometimes more than 1MHZ away.
          > The PIC´s I got (3) have been programmed by Tony and he says no one
          else is
          > reporting the trouble.
          >
          > Am I alone in this thread ??
          >
          > Thanks to all.
          > 73
          >
          > --
          > Jose Bonanca (CT1aos)

          Hello Jose.
          Do you see the approx 56.3MHz (or other default freq), when the power
          is first applied?

          I just finished building up one XTALL 1.1, and it would only
          intermittently change freqs. It turns out that there was not a good
          solder joint under the Si570 on one pin. After resoldering the 570,
          it came up fine.

          Terry
          WB4JFI

          --
          Jose Bonanca (CT1aos)
        • James R. Elledge
          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 1 10:16 AM
            --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Terry" <wb4jfi@...> wrote:

            > --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Jose Bonanca" <jbct1aos@>
            > wrote:
            > >
            > > Been testing this SW with a XTALL 1.1 and Xtall version 1.
            > > In both version the SW works but very far away from the center
            > frequencies.
            > > sometimes more than 1MHZ away.
            > > The PIC´s I got (3) have been programmed by Tony and he says no
            one
            > else is
            > > reporting the trouble.
            > >
            > > Am I alone in this thread ??
            > >
            > > Thanks to all.
            > > 73
            > >
            > > --
            > > Jose Bonanca (CT1aos)
            > >

            > Hello Jose.
            > Do you see the approx 56.3MHz (or other default freq), when the
            power
            > is first applied?
            >
            > I just finished building up one XTALL 1.1, and it would only
            > intermittently change freqs. It turns out that there was not a
            good
            > solder joint under the Si570 on one pin. After resoldering the
            570,
            > it came up fine.
            >
            > Terry
            > WB4JFI

            The 12F683 was the problem with mine, wrong freq's. Erased and re-
            loaded the chip - problem solved - worked perfectly then.

            Jim - KB2XJ
          • Jose Bonanca
            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 1 10:34 AM
              Jim, at least some one else with wrong freq,.
              I am going to receive a serial pic programmer by late thist week.

              Now I need to have the file of Tom´s v.2.4 to try to reprogram the pics I have here.
              Could you please send me the file appended to my e-mail address, please...

              Thank you.

              Regards

              On Sun, Jun 1, 2008 at 6:16 PM, James R. Elledge <kb2xj@...> wrote:

              --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Terry" <wb4jfi@...> wrote:

              > --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Jose Bonanca" <jbct1aos@>
              > wrote:
              > >
              > > Been testing this SW with a XTALL 1.1 and Xtall version 1.
              > > In both version the SW works but very far away from the center
              > frequencies.
              > > sometimes more than 1MHZ away.
              > > The PIC´s I got (3) have been programmed by Tony and he says no
              one
              > else is
              > > reporting the trouble.
              > >
              > > Am I alone in this thread ??
              > >
              > > Thanks to all.
              > > 73
              > >
              > > --
              > > Jose Bonanca (CT1aos)
              > >

              > Hello Jose.
              > Do you see the approx 56.3MHz (or other default freq), when the
              power
              > is first applied?
              >
              > I just finished building up one XTALL 1.1, and it would only
              > intermittently change freqs. It turns out that there was not a
              good
              > solder joint under the Si570 on one pin. After resoldering the
              570,
              > it came up fine.
              >
              > Terry
              > WB4JFI

              The 12F683 was the problem with mine, wrong freq's. Erased and re-
              loaded the chip - problem solved - worked perfectly then.

              Jim - KB2XJ

              --
              Jose Bonanca (CT1aos)
            • David Robinson
              Message 6 of 9 , Jun 1 6:04 PM
                I had the same experience as KB2XJ with a mid may 8.3 kit. I
                verified the pic against the hex dump in the files area and found
                the program code matched but not the freq code. so i erased the pic,
                loaded it with the correct hex image and it has worked fine ever
                since

                Dave

                ww2r

                --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "James R. Elledge" <kb2xj@...>
                wrote:

                > --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Terry" <wb4jfi@> wrote:
                > >
                > > --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Jose Bonanca" <jbct1aos@>
                > > wrote:
                > > >
                > > > Been testing this SW with a XTALL 1.1 and Xtall version 1.
                > > > In both version the SW works but very far away from the center
                > > frequencies.
                > > > sometimes more than 1MHZ away.
                > > > The PIC´s I got (3) have been programmed by Tony and he says
                >no oneelse isreporting the trouble.
                > >
                > > Am I alone in this thread ??
                > >
                > > Thanks to all.
                > > 73
                > >
                > > --
                > > Jose Bonanca (CT1aos)

              • Jose Bonanca
                Message 7 of 9 , Jun 2 12:37 AM
                  Dave it means that you may had the same problem as me.
                  Did you measured the deviation ?
                  when did you receive your kit ? Was it after May 26?

                  Thanks

                  73

                  --
                  Jose Bonanca (CT1aos)
                • David Robinson
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jun 3 4:56 PM
                    there were many deviations, it was not a contant. 5 of the settings
                    gave the same frequency around 53MHz

                    I still have a copy of the hex image which i received

                    Dave

                    wrote:

                    > Dave it means that you may had the same problem as me.
                    > Did you measured the deviation ?
                    > when did you receive your kit ? Was it after May 26?
                    >
                    > Thanks
                    >
                    > 73
                    >
                    > On Mon, Jun 2, 2008 at 2:04 AM, David Robinson <ww2r@...> wrote:
                    >
                    > > I had the same experience as KB2XJ with a mid may 8.3 kit. I
                    > > verified the pic against the hex dump in the files area and found
                    > > the program code matched but not the freq code. so i erased the
                    pic,
                    > > loaded it with the correct hex image and it has worked fine ever
                    > > since
                    > >
                    > > Dave
                    > >
                    > > ww2r
                    > >

                    > > > The 12F683 was the problem with mine, wrong freq's. Erased and
                    re-
                    > > > loaded the chip - problem solved - worked perfectly then.
                    > > >
                    > > > Jim - KB2XJ
                    > > >

                    > > --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com <softrock40%
                    40yahoogroups.com>, "James
                    > > R. Elledge" <kb2xj@>
                    > > wrote:
                    > > >
                    > > > --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com <softrock40%
                    40yahoogroups.com>,

                    > > "Jose Bonanca" <jbct1aos@>

                    > > >no oneelse isreporting the trouble.

                    > --
                    > Jose Bonanca (CT1aos)

                  • Ulf Jonsson
                    Message 9 of 9 , Jun 3 6:24 PM
                      Here is a $10 way to add a frequency counter

                      Found a post in a QRP list by Jim, KR1S .

                      http://www.pongrance.com/

                      Doug also sell a display for $0.99 that can be interfaced with only a
                      few pins.

                      Ulf