Re: [softrock40] Is anyone willing to built a kit for me?

  • kd4e
    Message 1 of 8 , May 29 3:56 PM
      This list member offered to build kits for free:
      ronniereeder2@...

      --

      Thanks! & 73, doc, KD4E
      Free OS : http://www.ChurchPup.com
      Based on: http://www.PuppyLinux.com
      Personal: http://bibleseven.com/kd4e.html
      |_|___|_|
      | | & | |
      {|
      /\ {|
      / \ {|
      / \ {|
      / @ \ {|
      | |~_|~~~~|
      | -| | |
      ============\ # KD4E
    • reeder.ronnie
      Message 2 of 8 , May 30 10:45 AM
        --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "i4mfa" <i4mfa@...> wrote:

        > I'd like to test a RXTX+Xtall v6.3 transceiver on 20/17 (or 80/40) but
        > it has been long time since my homemade vhf xverter and three
        > different glasses to be used everyday make impossible to me to solder
        > smd. So is anyone willing to build such a kit for me, or is anyone
        > willing to sell his kit because he wants to experiment with another?
        > Thank you in advance,
        > Marco i4mfa w4mfa
        > ARI - ARRL member

        I am available to build kits for you. Write me at
        ronniereeder@... and I will give you instructions on how to get
        my mailing address.
        Thanks,
        Ronnie
      • John H. Long Jr.
        Message 3 of 8 , May 30 2:47 PM
          Ronnie,

          Did you get the E-mail I sent you asking for your help in building some softrock kits?

          John H. Long Jr.
          KW7A
          PO Box 567
          East Carbon, Utah 84520
          USA
          (435) 888-5513
          ARRL
          UDXA

          > I'd like to test a RXTX+Xtall v6.3 transceiver on 20/17 (or 80/40) but
          > it has been long time since my homemade vhf xverter and three
          > different glasses to be used everyday make impossible to me to solder
          > smd. So is anyone willing to build such a kit for me, or is anyone
          > willing to sell his kit because he wants to experiment with another?
          > Thank you in advance,
          > Marco i4mfa w4mfa
          > ARI - ARRL member

          I am available to build kits for you. Write me at
          ronniereeder@ hotmail.com and I will give you instructions on how to get
          my mailing address.
          Thanks,
          Ronnie

        • i4mfa
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 9, 2008
            Thank YOU, very much and sorry for late reply. I am so often out of
            office to work and sometimes I have no way to reach ther group! Sorry
            for that, but, believe me, I am NOT a ghost!
            So, tahnk you again.
            I mailed Tony and the RXTX+Xtall v6.3 transceiver semms not to be
            available yet. I'd like to start with a xvcr, not just a rx, and the
            Xtall seems to me better than the 15/17 option.
            So as soon as I see a "ok, you can order" I'll be back on that.

            Question from a friend of mine: do you have a already built rx or
            txtx? $$?? (+ shipping to 40128 Bologna Italy).

            Than you VERY MUCH again (where are you from?),
            Marco - i4mfa - w4mfa

            --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "reeder.ronnie" <ronniereeder2@...>
            wrote:

            > --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "i4mfa" <i4mfa@> wrote:
            > >
            > > I'd like to test a RXTX+Xtall v6.3 transceiver on 20/17 (or 80/40) but
            > > it has been long time since my homemade vhf xverter and three
            > > different glasses to be used everyday make impossible to me to solder
            > > smd. So is anyone willing to build such a kit for me, or is anyone
            > > willing to sell his kit because he wants to experiment with another?
            > > Thank you in advance,
            > > Marco i4mfa w4mfa
            > > ARI - ARRL member
            > >
            > I am available to build kits for you. Write me at
            > ronniereeder@... and I will give you instructions on how to get
            > my mailing address.
            > Thanks,
            > Ronnie

          • Jose Bonanca
            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 9, 2008
              Marco,
              I have some 15/17 and 20/30 kit made and tested that I could spare since I am going to make the RXTX 6.3 for my own use.

              You may have it already boxed in Black plastic box or you may have it only the kit without connectors.
              for the price I will have to check how much it costed.

              73

              --
              Jose Bonanca (CT1aos)
            • Steve Clark
              Message 6 of 8 , Jun 9, 2008
                Jose,
                  Good morning from the Marshall Islands.  If Marco is not interested in them I would like to purchase them in a box with connectors.   If anyone else is upgrading and wants to sell their already built kits, please contact me.  I have a US mailing address and US funds etc.  Thanks.

                72/73
                Steve Clark
                V73CS/N4TKP
                Majuro, Marshall Islands

                --
                Jose Bonanca (CT1aos)

              • i4mfa
                Message 7 of 8 , Jun 9, 2008
                  YESSSSS! Got one for 15/17!
                  Afak rxtx 6.2 15/17 is 21025, 21160 and somewhere on 17m (info
                  needed), with the same rx section of Lite (no Xtall). So it is a dual
                  band rxtx (not a multiband rx like Lite+Xtall nor a multiband rxtxt
                  like 6.3+Xtall not yet ready).
                  I have no eyes to solder smd but no problem to box and cable them so I
                  think that a light shipment of just the kit (no box, no connectors) is
                  fine, but I don't want to create any problem, so if you prefer to send
                  it with box and conns it should be ok too.
                  I usually use PayPal: if you are going to make the 6.3 I can send some
                  money to Tony on behalf of you, or I can pay you directly.

                  If you are willing to build two 6.3+Xtall, one for you, one for me,
                  can manage the payment of both and wait till you end the one for me
                  (supposed before Santa lives home...).

                  Let me know how to manage the deal, either the 2x6.3 way or the
                  6.2/1517m is ok for me.

                  Sometimes I have no time to check the group, but I will survive any
                  job travel!

                  73s from
                  Marco - I4MFA - W4MFA