Re: 40/30 RXTX+XTALL in the mail Linux support?

  • Michael M. Moore
    Message 1 of 4 , May 2, 2008
      I saw a demo of the Flex Radio 5000C by the owner of Flex Radio at a
      Hamfest and I am pretty sure he said all of their SW is GPL. I think
      I also heard him say they develop in Linux but compile for both XP &
      Linux. However I have not yet looked for their Power SDR in source
      code or in a compiled version for Linux. I think their formal
      delivery is in XP (no Vista yet, but reportedly they have a running
      version in Vista).
      --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, William Carver <bcarver@...> wrote:

      > After my Windoze machine crashed for the second time and wiped out my
      > address book, I switched to Ubunto, Mike. What a breath of fresh air.
      > Linux from here on out. I have not looked for SDR that runs on Linux,
      > but there must be some.
      >
      > Bil
      >
      > On Thu, 2008-05-01 at 13:11 +0000, mmmooretx wrote:
      > > I'm told my kit is in the mail and am waiting for my Si570
      > > notification. I am still wadeing through through the messages and
      > > files doing some data mining. I have a solder station and am
      > > experienced in build/repair (did radio maintainace in the AF). So
      > > this is a basic greetings to the group and I am interested if I can
      > > run the software side totally in Linux (SuSE 10.3, 11 in June)? I
      > > hope to wean myself away from Windoze by Dec. and I will not be going
      > > to Vista.
      > > Helpful advice greatfully appreciated.
      > > Mike
      > > N5RWH
      > > 73

    • John Melton
      Message 2 of 4 , May 2, 2008
        Michael M. Moore wrote:

        > I saw a demo of the Flex Radio 5000C by the owner of Flex Radio at a
        > Hamfest and I am pretty sure he said all of their SW is GPL. I think
        > I also heard him say they develop in Linux but compile for both XP &
        > Linux. However I have not yet looked for their Power SDR in source
        > code or in a compiled version for Linux. I think their formal
        > delivery is in XP (no Vista yet, but reportedly they have a running
        > version in Vista).

        There is currently not a version of PowerSDR for Linux because of the
        problems of porting the GUI which is written in C#.

        However, PowerSDR is open source and can be downloaded using svn from:

        svn://206.216.146.154/svn/repos_sdr_windows

        The core DSP code (DttSP) has been ported to Linux (and Mac OSX) and is
        also open source and can be downloaded from:

        svn://206.216.146.154/svn/repos_sdr_linux

        The current version of DttSP that most people are using is the
        branches/ab2kt/dttsp-ng version.

        There is also code in the linux repository for controlling the SDR-1000
        and more recently some code has appeared to support the SDR-5000.

        Several of us have been developing GUI software using DttSP.

        I have one some code written in Java which is open source - see
        https://java-sdr.dev.java.net/

        Edson Pereria has developed an SDR-Shell written in C and using the Qt
        toolkit - see http://ewpereira.info/sdr-shell/

        Also take a look at http://dttsp.org/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page and
        also join the dttsp-linux Yahoo group where most of the communication
        about running an SDR on Linux and Mac OSX can be found.

        Regards,

        John g0orx/n6lyt

        --
        John Melton