Re: Homebrew Quadrature Shaft Encoders

  • Bill Meahan K8QN
    Message 1 of 2 , May 1, 2008
      --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, Lawrence Glaister <ve7it@...> wrote:

      > With a little help from the junkbox and a couple of minutes time,
      > you can fabricate a very usable optical quadrature shaft encoder that
      > has 256 counts/revolution (64 windows on the encoder wheel).
      >
      > http://members.shaw.ca/swstuff/mouse.html

      Ah, scrounging at it's finest! :-) I'll have to try this as I have a
      few old mice that one of my cats "killed" by chewing through the
      cable. He's now passed on due to chewing through an AC cord instead of
      a low-voltage computer cable. RIP Poco.

      Old homework excuse: "The dog ate my homework."
      New homework excuse: "The cat ate my mouse."

      73

      Bill, K8QN