Lite+Xtall orders

  • kb9yig
    Message 1 of 17 , May 1, 2008
      Good Morning All,

      Orders for the v8.0, v8.1 and v8.2 versions of the Lite+Xtall kit
      have gone well beyond the number of kits available. I would like to
      convert the excess orders to the v8.3 Lite+Xtall kit if it is ok with
      kit buyers. I will contact people individually concerning orders
      beyond what I will be able to fill within the next few days.

      A v8.3 kit with synchronous QSD clocking is in the works that has the
      same size board as the v8.1/v8.2 but provides a jumper option to use
      either the CMOS version of the Si570 or the LVDS version of the
      Si570. The v8.3 kit will include the FIN1002 and all other parts
      that mount on the circuit board except the Si570 device. (If a CMOS
      Si570 is used on the v8.3 board, the kit builder will omit a
      resistor, the FIN1002 part, and will solder in a jumper wire.)

      The v8.3 Lite+Xtall kit should be available at Dayton time and the
      kit will be priced at $26 US/Canada and $27 for DX where mailing
      costs are included in each kit price. Included with each kit will be
      four BPF kits to provide the band combinations 160m, 80m/40m,
      30m/20m/17m, 15m/12m/10m. (Excess orders for a v8.0, v8.1, or v8.2
      kits will not require any additional payment when converted to a v8.3
      kit.)

      Thanks and 73,
      Tony KB9YIG
    • w7rjc
      Message 2 of 17 , May 1, 2008
        --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "kb9yig" <raparks@...> wrote:

        Good Morning Tony,
        By all means convert my Lite+Xtall kit order to the version 8.3.
        Let me know of any charges .. I'll paypal you. Ray W7RJC

        > Good Morning All,
        >
        > Orders for the v8.0, v8.1 and v8.2 versions of the Lite+Xtall kit
        > have gone well beyond the number of kits available. I would like
        > convert the excess orders to the v8.3 Lite+Xtall kit if it is ok
        with
        > kit buyers. I will contact people individually concerning orders
        > beyond what I will be able to fill within the next few days.
        >
        > A v8.3 kit with synchronous QSD clocking is in the works that has
        the
        > same size board as the v8.1/v8.2 but provides a jumper option to
        use
        > either the CMOS version of the Si570 or the LVDS version of the
        > Si570. The v8.3 kit will include the FIN1002 and all other parts
        > that mount on the circuit board except the Si570 device. (If a
        CMOS
        > Si570 is used on the v8.3 board, the kit builder will omit a
        > resistor, the FIN1002 part, and will solder in a jumper wire.)
        >
        > The v8.3 Lite+Xtall kit should be available at Dayton time and the
        > kit will be priced at $26 US/Canada and $27 for DX where mailing
        > costs are included in each kit price. Included with each kit will
        be
        > four BPF kits to provide the band combinations 160m, 80m/40m,
        > 30m/20m/17m, 15m/12m/10m. (Excess orders for a v8.0, v8.1, or
        v8.2
        > kits will not require any additional payment when converted to a
        v8.3
        > kit.)
        >
        > Thanks and 73,
        > Tony KB9YIG

      • donnyr7
        Message 3 of 17 , May 1, 2008
          Tony,

          Yes, please feel free to convert my order to v8.3 Lite+Xtall kit.

          Many thanks as always for all that you do!

          Don - K6IGP

          --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "kb9yig" <raparks@...> wrote:

          > Good Morning All,
          >
          > Orders for the v8.0, v8.1 and v8.2 versions of the Lite+Xtall kit
          > have gone well beyond the number of kits available. I would like to
          > convert the excess orders to the v8.3 Lite+Xtall kit if it is ok with
          > kit buyers. I will contact people individually concerning orders
          > beyond what I will be able to fill within the next few days.
          >
          > A v8.3 kit with synchronous QSD clocking is in the works that has the
          > same size board as the v8.1/v8.2 but provides a jumper option to use
          > either the CMOS version of the Si570 or the LVDS version of the
          > Si570. The v8.3 kit will include the FIN1002 and all other parts
          > that mount on the circuit board except the Si570 device. (If a CMOS
          > Si570 is used on the v8.3 board, the kit builder will omit a
          > resistor, the FIN1002 part, and will solder in a jumper wire.)
          >
          > The v8.3 Lite+Xtall kit should be available at Dayton time and the
          > kit will be priced at $26 US/Canada and $27 for DX where mailing
          > costs are included in each kit price. Included with each kit will be
          > four BPF kits to provide the band combinations 160m, 80m/40m,
          > 30m/20m/17m, 15m/12m/10m. (Excess orders for a v8.0, v8.1, or v8.2
          > kits will not require any additional payment when converted to a v8.3
          > kit.)
          >
          > Thanks and 73,
          > Tony KB9YIG

        • Mr John W Titmuss
          Message 4 of 17 , May 1, 2008
            8.3 is fine Tony

            Cheers

            John de VK4JWT

            ---- kb9yig <raparks@...> wrote:
            > Good Morning All,
            >
            > Orders for the v8.0, v8.1 and v8.2 versions of the Lite+Xtall kit
            > have gone well beyond the number of kits available. I would like to
            > convert the excess orders to the v8.3 Lite+Xtall kit if it is ok with
            > kit buyers. I will contact people individually concerning orders
            > beyond what I will be able to fill within the next few days.
            >
            > A v8.3 kit with synchronous QSD clocking is in the works that has the
            > same size board as the v8.1/v8.2 but provides a jumper option to use
            > either the CMOS version of the Si570 or the LVDS version of the
            > Si570. The v8.3 kit will include the FIN1002 and all other parts
            > that mount on the circuit board except the Si570 device. (If a CMOS
            > Si570 is used on the v8.3 board, the kit builder will omit a
            > resistor, the FIN1002 part, and will solder in a jumper wire.)
            >
            > The v8.3 Lite+Xtall kit should be available at Dayton time and the
            > kit will be priced at $26 US/Canada and $27 for DX where mailing
            > costs are included in each kit price. Included with each kit will be
            > four BPF kits to provide the band combinations 160m, 80m/40m,
            > 30m/20m/17m, 15m/12m/10m. (Excess orders for a v8.0, v8.1, or v8.2
            > kits will not require any additional payment when converted to a v8.3
            > kit.)
            >
            > Thanks and 73,
            > Tony KB9YIG

          • James R. Elledge
            Message 5 of 17 , May 1, 2008
              8.3 ok with me if other version has not already been shipped.

              Jim - KB2XJ

              --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, Mr John W Titmuss <jwtitmus@...>
              wrote:

              > 8.3 is fine Tony
              >
              > Cheers
              >
              > John de VK4JWT
              >

              > ---- kb9yig <raparks@...> wrote:
              > > Good Morning All,
              > >
              > > Orders for the v8.0, v8.1 and v8.2 versions of the Lite+Xtall kit
              > > have gone well beyond the number of kits available. I would like
              > > convert the excess orders to the v8.3 Lite+Xtall kit if it is ok
              with
              > > kit buyers. I will contact people individually concerning orders
              > > beyond what I will be able to fill within the next few days.
              > >
              > > A v8.3 kit with synchronous QSD clocking is in the works that has
              the
              > > same size board as the v8.1/v8.2 but provides a jumper option to
              use
              > > either the CMOS version of the Si570 or the LVDS version of the
              > > Si570. The v8.3 kit will include the FIN1002 and all other parts
              > > that mount on the circuit board except the Si570 device. (If a
              CMOS
              > > Si570 is used on the v8.3 board, the kit builder will omit a
              > > resistor, the FIN1002 part, and will solder in a jumper wire.)
              > >
              > > The v8.3 Lite+Xtall kit should be available at Dayton time and
              the
              > > kit will be priced at $26 US/Canada and $27 for DX where mailing
              > > costs are included in each kit price. Included with each kit
              will be
              > > four BPF kits to provide the band combinations 160m, 80m/40m,
              > > 30m/20m/17m, 15m/12m/10m. (Excess orders for a v8.0, v8.1, or
              v8.2
              > > kits will not require any additional payment when converted to a
              v8.3
              > > kit.)
              > >
              > > Thanks and 73,
              > > Tony KB9YIG

            • Jerry Bares
              Message 6 of 17 , May 1, 2008
                8.3 order instead of 8.2 is OK
                Jerry NA0M

                wrote:

                > 8.3 is fine Tony
                >
                > Cheers
                >
                > John de VK4JWT
                >

                > ---- kb9yig <raparks@... > wrote:
                > > Good Morning All,
                > >
                > > Orders for the v8.0, v8.1 and v8.2 versions of the Lite+Xtall kit
                > > have gone well beyond the number of kits available. I would like
                > > convert the excess orders to the v8.3 Lite+Xtall kit if it is ok
                with
                > > kit buyers. I will contact people individually concerning orders
                > > beyond what I will be able to fill within the next few days.
                > >
                > > A v8.3 kit with synchronous QSD clocking is in the works that has
                the
                > > same size board as the v8.1/v8.2 but provides a jumper option to
                use
                > > either the CMOS version of the Si570 or the LVDS version of the
                > > Si570. The v8.3 kit will include the FIN1002 and all other parts
                > > that mount on the circuit board except the Si570 device. (If a
                CMOS
                > > Si570 is used on the v8.3 board, the kit builder will omit a
                > > resistor, the FIN1002 part, and will solder in a jumper wire.)
                > >
                > > The v8.3 Lite+Xtall kit should be available at Dayton time and
                the
                > > kit will be priced at $26 US/Canada and $27 for DX where mailing
                > > costs are included in each kit price. Included with each kit
                will be
                > > four BPF kits to provide the band combinations 160m, 80m/40m,
                > > 30m/20m/17m, 15m/12m/10m. (Excess orders for a v8.0, v8.1, or
                v8.2
                > > kits will not require any additional payment when converted to a
                v8.3
                > > kit.)
                > >
                > > Thanks and 73,
                > > Tony KB9YIG

              • mbhayden
                Message 7 of 17 , May 1, 2008
                  tony, either 8.2 or 8.3 is ok on mine.

                  mike ak3f

                  On Thu, May 1, 2008 at 8:09 AM, kb9yig <raparks@...> wrote:

                  Good Morning All,

                  Orders for the v8.0, v8.1 and v8.2 versions of the Lite+Xtall kit
                  have gone well beyond the number of kits available. I

                • parkinson_matt
                  Message 8 of 17 , May 1, 2008
                    --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "kb9yig" <raparks@...> wrote:

                    > Good Morning All,
                    >
                    > Orders for the v8.0, v8.1 and v8.2 versions of the Lite+Xtall kit
                    > have gone well beyond the number of kits available. I would like to
                    > convert the excess orders to the v8.3 Lite+Xtall kit if it is ok
                    with
                    > kit buyers. I will contact people individually concerning orders
                    > beyond what I will be able to fill within the next few days.
                    >
                    > A v8.3 kit with synchronous QSD clocking is in the works that has
                    the
                    > same size board as the v8.1/v8.2 but provides a jumper option to
                    use
                    > either the CMOS version of the Si570 or the LVDS version of the
                    > Si570. The v8.3 kit will include the FIN1002 and all other parts
                    > that mount on the circuit board except the Si570 device. (If a CMOS
                    > Si570 is used on the v8.3 board, the kit builder will omit a
                    > resistor, the FIN1002 part, and will solder in a jumper wire.)
                    >
                    > The v8.3 Lite+Xtall kit should be available at Dayton time and the
                    > kit will be priced at $26 US/Canada and $27 for DX where mailing
                    > costs are included in each kit price. Included with each kit will
                    be
                    > four BPF kits to provide the band combinations 160m, 80m/40m,
                    > 30m/20m/17m, 15m/12m/10m. (Excess orders for a v8.0, v8.1, or v8.2
                    > kits will not require any additional payment when converted to a
                    v8.3
                    > kit.)
                    >
                    > Thanks and 73,
                    > Tony KB9YIG
                    > OK
                    Tony I would like to purchase the 8.3v lite+Xtall
                    Kit at the 27.00 dollar price where do I send the money thanks
                    Matt
                  • henkkeppel
                    Message 9 of 17 , May 13, 2008
                      Good morning Tony.
                      If not yet sent please convert my Lite+Xtall kit order to the version
                      8.3. What is the additional payment? I pay immediately with PayPal.
                      73, Henk, PA0KEP.
                      --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "kb9yig" <raparks@...> wrote:

                      > Good Morning All,
                      >
                      > Orders for the v8.0, v8.1 and v8.2 versions of the Lite+Xtall kit
                      > have gone well beyond the number of kits available. I would like to
                      > convert the excess orders to the v8.3 Lite+Xtall kit if it is ok
                      with
                      > kit buyers. I will contact people individually concerning orders
                      > beyond what I will be able to fill within the next few days.
                      >
                      > A v8.3 kit with synchronous QSD clocking is in the works that has
                      the
                      > same size board as the v8.1/v8.2 but provides a jumper option to
                      use
                      > either the CMOS version of the Si570 or the LVDS version of the
                      > Si570. The v8.3 kit will include the FIN1002 and all other parts
                      > that mount on the circuit board except the Si570 device. (If a CMOS
                      > Si570 is used on the v8.3 board, the kit builder will omit a
                      > resistor, the FIN1002 part, and will solder in a jumper wire.)
                      >
                      > The v8.3 Lite+Xtall kit should be available at Dayton time and the
                      > kit will be priced at $26 US/Canada and $27 for DX where mailing
                      > costs are included in each kit price. Included with each kit will
                      be
                      > four BPF kits to provide the band combinations 160m, 80m/40m,
                      > 30m/20m/17m, 15m/12m/10m. (Excess orders for a v8.0, v8.1, or v8.2
                      > kits will not require any additional payment when converted to a
                      v8.3
                      > kit.)
                      >
                      > Thanks and 73,
                      > Tony KB9YIG

                    • Tony Parks
                      Message 10 of 17 , May 13, 2008
                        Hi Henk,

                        Your v8.3 Lite+Xtall kit was mailed on May 9.  Thanks for the kit order and I hope you will have some fun with the kit.

                        73,
                        Tony KB9YIG

                        If not yet sent please convert my Lite+Xtall kit order to the version
                        8.3. What is the additional payment? I pay immediately with PayPal.
                        73, Henk, PA0KEP.
                        --- In softrock40@yahoogro ups.com, "kb9yig" <raparks@... > wrote:

                        > Good Morning All,
                        >
                        > Orders for the v8.0, v8.1 and v8.2 versions of the Lite+Xtall kit
                        > have gone well beyond the number of kits available. I would like to
                        > convert the excess orders to the v8.3 Lite+Xtall kit if it is ok
                        with
                        > kit buyers. I will contact people individually concerning orders
                        > beyond what I will be able to fill within the next few days.
                        >
                        > A v8.3 kit with synchronous QSD clocking is in the works that has
                        the
                        > same size board as the v8.1/v8.2 but provides a jumper option to
                        use
                        > either the CMOS version of the Si570 or the LVDS version of the
                        > Si570. The v8.3 kit will include the FIN1002 and all other parts
                        > that mount on the circuit board except the Si570 device. (If a CMOS
                        > Si570 is used on the v8.3 board, the kit builder will omit a
                        > resistor, the FIN1002 part, and will solder in a jumper wire.)
                        >
                        > The v8.3 Lite+Xtall kit should be available at Dayton time and the
                        > kit will be priced at $26 US/Canada and $27 for DX where mailing
                        > costs are included in each kit price. Included with each kit will
                        be
                        > four BPF kits to provide the band combinations 160m, 80m/40m,
                        > 30m/20m/17m, 15m/12m/10m. (Excess orders for a v8.0, v8.1, or v8.2
                        > kits will not require any additional payment when converted to a
                        v8.3
                        > kit.)
                        >
                        > Thanks and 73,
                        > Tony KB9YIG

                      • mparkinson1
                        Message 11 of 17 , May 13, 2008
                          Thanks Tony
                          that works for me.
                          Matt Parkinson Military Equipment & R 390A Depot Center
                        • Jack Brindle
                          Message 12 of 17 , May 14, 2008
                            Tony;

                            If I might ask, have all the v8.3 kits _without_ the Si570 been
                            shipped yet?

                            Just curious if it is time to start watching the mail.

                            Have a great time at Dayton!

                            - Jack Brindle, W6FB
                            ---------------------
                          • Tony Parks
                            Message 13 of 17 , May 14, 2008
                              Hi Jack,

                              The production circuit boards just came in and it will take me a few days to get the kit line going with other things I am also needing to do.  I hope to mail a quantity of the v8.3 kits on Monday of next week.  (A number of pre-production v8.3 kits were shipped early in May.)

                              73,
                              Tony KB9YIG
                              If I might ask, have all the v8.3 kits _without_ the Si570 been
                              shipped yet?

                              Just curious if it is time to start watching the mail.

                              Have a great time at Dayton!

                              On May 13, 2008, at 9:59 AM, Tony Parks wrote:

                              > Hi Henk,
                              >
                              > Your v8.3 Lite+Xtall kit was mailed on May 9. Thanks for the kit
                              > order and I hope you will have some fun with the kit.
                              >
                              > 73,
                              > Tony KB9YIG

                              - Jack Brindle, W6FB
                              ------------ ---------

                            • Mr John W Titmuss
                              Message 14 of 17 , May 14, 2008
                                Hi Tony,

                                Could you let me know if my kit has been shipped yet?

                                Thanks 73

                                John de VK4JWT

                              • Jack Brindle
                                Message 15 of 17 , May 14, 2008
                                  Gee, Tony, give yourself some time to recover from Dayton!

                                  -Jack Brindle, W6FB
                                • Bob Klaus
                                  Message 16 of 17 , May 15, 2008
                                    Tony,
                                    Will you be selling kits at the Dayton Hamvention,
                                    and if so, where will you be located?

                                    Message 17 of 17 , May 15, 2008
                                      Hi Bob,

                                      I am planning on attending the SDR forum on Saturday morning.  If I have time to pack a few extra kits, I will have kits to sell.

                                      Thanks and 73,
                                      Tony KB9YIG