Re: [softrock40] Standalone SoftRock. Q's about Xilinx DSP FPGA

  • Edson Pereira
    Message 1 of 19 , May 1, 2008
      Recently, I have also started studying about FPGA's with the intention
      of playing with DSP and SDR.

      I think we have enough interest and momentum to start a discussion group
      and share ideas. For this, I have created the FPGA-SDR group.

      I made it clear that we are all beginners in this endeavor. :-)

      Please feel free to join. After a few days, I will close the
      subscriptions to prevent spams. If anyone would like to volunteer to
      help maintaining the group, please drop me a note.

      Cheers,

      -- Edson, n1vtn
    • k5nwa
      Message 2 of 19 , May 1, 2008
        At 05:34 AM 5/1/2008, you wrote:

        Recently, I have also started studying about FPGA's with the intention
        of playing with DSP and SDR.

        I think we have enough interest and momentum to start a discussion group
        and share ideas. For this, I have created the FPGA-SDR group.

        I made it clear that we are all beginners in this endeavor. :-)

        Please feel free to join. After a few days, I will close the
        subscriptions to prevent spams. If anyone would like to volunteer to
        help maintaining the group, please drop me a note.

        Cheers,

        -- Edson, n1vtn

        You need to make joining the list require approval by the moderator, so you can keep it open, people will join slowly over a large period of time.

        I'm usually against groups splintering off because it tends to have a negative impact on the original list but looking at the statistics of this group, it's quite healthy so I joined.

        There are many FPGA groups but most are way over the heads of someone starting out so I hope this group does well.

        Cecil
        K5NWA
        www.softrockradio.org  www.qrpradio.com

      • k5nwa
        Message 3 of 19 , May 1, 2008
          At 05:34 AM 5/1/2008, you wrote:
          >If anyone would like to volunteer to
          >help maintaining the group, please drop me a note.
          >
          >Cheers,
          >
          >-- Edson, n1vtn

          I hope you won't get mad, I have a commercial hosting account so I
          bought the domain www.fpgasdr.org, I figure I could load Wiki
          software there and have a limited group of members that can add
          articles related to the subject, it could also be a good place to
          have a tutorial.

          Message 4 of 19 , May 6, 2008
            Cecil,

            No problem at all with the domain registration. I like the wiki idea.
            The wiki will be a good tool and will help us organize the information
            accumulated over time.

            73,

            -- Edson, n1vtn

            k5nwa wrote:

            > At 05:34 AM 5/1/2008, you wrote:
            > >If anyone would like to volunteer to
            > >help maintaining the group, please drop me a note.
            > >
            > >Cheers,
            > >
            > >-- Edson, n1vtn
            >
            > I hope you won't get mad, I have a commercial hosting account so I
            > bought the domain www.fpgasdr.org, I figure I could load Wiki
            > software there and have a limited group of members that can add
            > articles related to the subject, it could also be a good place to
            > have a tutorial.
            >
            > Cecil
            > K5NWA
            > www.softrockradio.org www.qrpradio.com
            >
            > "Blessed are the cracked, for they shall let in the light."

          • k5nwa
            Message 5 of 19 , May 6, 2008
              At 04:30 AM 5/6/2008, you wrote:

              >Cecil,
              >
              >No problem at all with the domain registration. I like the wiki idea.
              >The wiki will be a good tool and will help us organize the information
              >accumulated over time.
              >
              >73,
              >
              >-- Edson, n1vtn

              It's setup, barely, I'll add your name as an administrator, any names
              you think to add as editors let me know and I'll add them.

              It's a blank sheet of paper at this time.

              < http://www.fpgasdr.org/index.php?title=Main_Page >