Re: [softrock40] Standalone SoftRock. Q's about Xilinx DSP FPGA

  • Mike Young
    Message 1 of 19 , May 1, 2008
      Thanks. That was a good read. What's the limitation on the 600 MHz you mentioned?

      Also, thanks for pointing me in this direction. It was a sudden eye opener. My crystal ball says there's still room for a large log periodic at the south end of the house.

      Mike.
      Message 2 of 19 , May 1, 2008
        Recently, I have also started studying about FPGA's with the intention
        of playing with DSP and SDR.

        I think we have enough interest and momentum to start a discussion group
        and share ideas. For this, I have created the FPGA-SDR group.

        I made it clear that we are all beginners in this endeavor. :-)

        Please feel free to join. After a few days, I will close the
        subscriptions to prevent spams. If anyone would like to volunteer to
        help maintaining the group, please drop me a note.

        Cheers,

        -- Edson, n1vtn
      • k5nwa
        Message 3 of 19 , May 1, 2008
          At 05:34 AM 5/1/2008, you wrote:

          Recently, I have also started studying about FPGA's with the intention
          of playing with DSP and SDR.

          I think we have enough interest and momentum to start a discussion group
          and share ideas. For this, I have created the FPGA-SDR group.

          I made it clear that we are all beginners in this endeavor. :-)

          Please feel free to join. After a few days, I will close the
          subscriptions to prevent spams. If anyone would like to volunteer to
          help maintaining the group, please drop me a note.

          Cheers,

          -- Edson, n1vtn

          You need to make joining the list require approval by the moderator, so you can keep it open, people will join slowly over a large period of time.

          I'm usually against groups splintering off because it tends to have a negative impact on the original list but looking at the statistics of this group, it's quite healthy so I joined.

          There are many FPGA groups but most are way over the heads of someone starting out so I hope this group does well.

          Cecil
          K5NWA
          www.softrockradio.org  www.qrpradio.com

        • k5nwa
          Message 4 of 19 , May 1, 2008
            At 05:34 AM 5/1/2008, you wrote:
            >If anyone would like to volunteer to
            >help maintaining the group, please drop me a note.
            >
            >Cheers,
            >
            >-- Edson, n1vtn

            I hope you won't get mad, I have a commercial hosting account so I
            bought the domain www.fpgasdr.org, I figure I could load Wiki
            software there and have a limited group of members that can add
            articles related to the subject, it could also be a good place to
            have a tutorial.

            Cecil
            K5NWA
            www.softrockradio.org www.qrpradio.com

          • Edson Pereira
            Message 5 of 19 , May 6, 2008
              Cecil,

              No problem at all with the domain registration. I like the wiki idea.
              The wiki will be a good tool and will help us organize the information
              accumulated over time.

              73,

              -- Edson, n1vtn

              k5nwa wrote:

              > At 05:34 AM 5/1/2008, you wrote:
              > >If anyone would like to volunteer to
              > >help maintaining the group, please drop me a note.
              > >
              > >Cheers,
              > >
              > >-- Edson, n1vtn
              >
              > I hope you won't get mad, I have a commercial hosting account so I
              > bought the domain www.fpgasdr.org, I figure I could load Wiki
              > software there and have a limited group of members that can add
              > articles related to the subject, it could also be a good place to
              > have a tutorial.
              >
              > Cecil
              > K5NWA
              > www.softrockradio.org www.qrpradio.com
              >
              > "Blessed are the cracked, for they shall let in the light."

            • k5nwa
              Message 6 of 19 , May 6, 2008
                At 04:30 AM 5/6/2008, you wrote:

                >Cecil,
                >
                >No problem at all with the domain registration. I like the wiki idea.
                >The wiki will be a good tool and will help us organize the information
                >accumulated over time.
                >
                >73,
                >
                >-- Edson, n1vtn

                It's setup, barely, I'll add your name as an administrator, any names
                you think to add as editors let me know and I'll add them.

                It's a blank sheet of paper at this time.

                < http://www.fpgasdr.org/index.php?title=Main_Page >