Re: [softrock40] XTALL Software 2.4 2.5b

  • Tom Hoflich
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 30, 2008

      Alan,

      Thanks for your always valuable input.

      Each version gets a little better as I learn more about using C.

      In 2.4 and before, I stored the Si570 registers at location 0. This caused me to have to do some dumb stuff to handle the start at 0 or 1 which has always been a confusion for me.

      That is probably why Bank 0, F0 is not adjusted.  I will fix that.

      I used Tony's suggestion to repeat the highest frequency in each bank to prevent out of band operation. This is not a big deal on a receiver, but  hopefully this will be used on the RXTX and it will be important.

      I compare the registers read with the register value used to calculate the eeprom values. I then replace the eeprom values with the adjusted value and set a flag so that this done only the first time.  So to start over, you have to reprogram the chip.

      If you edit the data in the eeprom, this adjustment will not happen again unless you reset the flag.  You can use the value in hi eeprom to calculate your unique frequencies.

      I was talking to Cecil at Ozarkcon this weekend and he also suggested the push button idea for the 2.5 version.  Tony has left holes for header pins or whatever if some wants to do something other than the dip switches.

      I do need to get to work on the other software versions and the spreadsheets with the frequencies.

      The last day or so, I have been shipping out the latest shipment of Si570s.

      I hope that I responded to all of your points.

      Thanks and 73

      Tom KM5H