my troubleshooting files

  • John
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 29, 2008
      SR 30/40 rx/tx v6.2
      No receive( I have tried transmit yet)

      I have started troubleshooting.
      I rewound t4 and made sure the leads were in the correct holes.
      I did simple continuity tests on the 5 volt and 12 volt rails.
      Closely examined for bridges/shorts.
      Made sure all the components were in the correct locations.

      I have not come to a conclusion and would love for you guys to examine
      my readings and offer some help.

      Here are my preliminary findings posted in the files area under my
      callsign "N2EIK".
      There is a voltage/pin out chart in excell format, three jpgs of scope
      traces and a document file explaining the waveforms.

      Thanks,
      John
      N2EIK
    • R R Robson
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 29, 2008
        John:
        Check pins 9 and 12 on U5 and Pin 9 on U6.  I think they should be nmore like 2.4-2.5 vdc.  You are showing 5 vdc
      • jmazzone
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 29, 2008
          Yes, you are correct. they are 2.4 and I will update the spreadsheet.

          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 29, 2008
            I will try to get the other circuits data compiled tomorrow.

            Message 5 of 6 , May 1, 2008
              I removed T1 and scraped the leads, reinstalled it and was able to get
              the board to transmit.
              I must have had enamel on one or more leads. Still dead receive.

              Message 6 of 6 , May 1, 2008
                Wave form on antenna output on transmit:
                7.0146 Mhz
                50ohm load: .125vpp
                No load: .415 vpp
                Can anyone verify correct output?